From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Medusa Head is the boss of the eighth dungeon in Oracle of Seasons, the Sword & Shield Maze.
Medusa Head stands in the center of the room and attacks by throwing spheres that can stun Link, and if Link gets stunned it will attack him by firing a laser beam from its eyes.
There are two strategies Link can use to defeat the Medusa Head, namely:
- Jumping using the Roc's Cape to avoid the stun spheres, then evading its attack, then attacking it with his sword, or
- Using the Hyper Slingshot and Pegasus Seeds to stun it, then attacking.
- Medusa Head is a reference to the creature of Greek mythology, Medusa.
- Statues of the Medusa Head, or a creature very similar, appear in the completed Black Tower repeatedly on the higher levels on Oracle of Ages.
- An extremely similar enemy of the same name, albeit of significantly smaller size, appears in the NES game Castlevania and several of its sequels. Medusa Heads are also common enemies encountered in the Lolo series, also for NES.
| Names in Other Regions
|| メデロック (Mederokku)