Man from Curiosity Shop
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Man from Curiosity Shop|
|Counterpart(s)||Fisherman (Ocarina of Time)|
Man from Curiosity ShopCuriosity Shop sells stolen goods and he usually gets them from a Takkuri or Sakon the thief. If Link saves the old woman who sells the Bombs on the midnight of the first night, he can purchase the All-Night Mask from him on the Final Day. He works during the night. He also plays a small part in the Reuniting Kafei and Anju sidequest, for he hands over Keaton Mask to Link upon talking to him.
He is a somewhat friendly man and seems to be quite hard working, although he becomes sort of uptight and curt if he is mocked by way of masks. The function of his shop is vaguely explained, but it seems to be a sort of pawn shop combined with a black market (stolen, exotic, and possibly illegal items are often sold there). He, however, claims that he is not guilty of any illegal activity.
He seems to have a strong connection with Kafei, for the two of them have known each other since they were young and it was him that gave Kafei the Keaton Mask when he was little. Kafei houses in the back of the shop, spying on customers, waiting for Sakon to show up to try to sell the Sun Mask to the Man from Curiosity Shop.
The Man from Curiosity Shop is not very polite. If Link talks to him in either his Goron form or his Zora form, the Curiosity Shop Guy will tell him not to come back. He does not serve people who wear masks.
|1, 2, and 3||10:00 PM||Curiosity Shop||Opens shop|
|1, 2, and 3||5:00 AM||Curiosity Shop||Closes shop|
Man from Trading Post
The Man from Trading Post is the frontman (possibly proprietor) of the Trading Post located in Clock Town in Majora's Mask. After 10PM at night, he has a Part-Time Worker manning the Trading Post. He doesn't work the third day, possibly because he is in the Curiosity Shop Backroom.
The Man from Trading Post is much more polite than the one from the Curiosity Shop. He will let both Goron Link and Zora Link shop in his store. The Trading Post Guy doesn't serve people who wear masks either.
- If Link happens to stop by the Curiosity Shop Backroom (where Kafei stays), provided that Kafei has followed Sakon to Ikana Canyon, the Man from Curiosity Shop will tell Link where Kafei went and give Link the Keaton Mask.
- His Ocarina of Time counterpart is the Itchy Fisherman from the Fishing Pond.
- ↑ "A seller of stolen goods is just a middleman who's trying to provide his customers with good product. Look, I know nothing. If it comes to me, I buy it! I'm a charitable organization that helps people in need!" — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "But when he showed up looking all young in that little brat body, I didn't know what I was seeing! All it took was one glance at that Keaton Mask he was carrying for me to realize that I was looking at my old friend. I gave him that mask a long time ago when he was just li'l Kafei. Didn't know he kept it that well for so long..." — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Eesh. You frighten me. I keep special hours for folks like you. Try comin' back at half past never." — Man from Curiosity Shop (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "...Sorry. I don't serve masqueraders." — Curiosity Shop Guy (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Whoa-ho-ho! Niiiice sideburns!" — Trading Post Guy (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Welcome. Hey, you're pretty fit. I'll bet you do a lot of training!" — Trading Post Guy (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "No using masks in the store because of past indiscretions!" — Trading Post Guy (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "We don't get many customers, so why does the boss have so much money?" — Part-Timer (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Hombre de la T. de Curiosidades|
|French||Le vendeur du Bazar|
|German||Mann vom Kuriositätenladen|