From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Comparable Item(s)||Lens of Truth|
Location and Uses
The Magnifying Lens can be found inside a cave to which the entrance is revealed by inserting Martha's scale into the Mermaid Statue in Martha's Bay. The Magnifying Lens can be used to find things not normally visible to the human eye, making it similar in function to the Lens of Truth. Using it allows Link to encounter a Goriya with whom he can trade certain items for a Boomerang in Toronbo Shores. The Magnifying Lens also allows Link to read the book found in the Library in Mabe Village with the fine print that contains the answer to the puzzle in the Wind Fish's Egg. As such, it is almost required to complete the game; it is possible to skip the Magnifying Lens by testing all the possible paths through the egg.
In Link's Awakening DX, the Magnifying Lens also allows Link to see a friendly Zora in a house in Animal Village. At this point, the Photographer will come in and take a picture of the two together. Afterwards, the Zora will tell Link how to find Goriya.
- ↑ "You've got the Magnifying Lens! This will reveal many things you couldn't see before!" — N/A (Link's Awakening)
- ↑ "I found a good item washed up on the beach... I'll trade it to you for what you have in your B Button..." — Goriya (Link's Awakening)
- ↑ "You got the Boomerang in exchange for the item you had." — N/A (Link's Awakening)
- ↑ "Hey, you can see me?! You must have a magnifying glass. I'm not a trouble maker. I just want to live in peace." — Friendly Zora (Link's Awakening)
- ↑ "Hi there! It's me, the photographer! You say Zora is in the house? I HAVE to take a picture of that. I'll call it 'I Found Zora.'" — Photographer (Link's Awakening)
- ↑ "If you keep me a secret, I'll tell you something useful. Go to Toronbo Shores, use the magnifying glass and you will find someone like me." — Friendly Zora (Link's Awakening)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||みとおしレンズ (Mitōshi Renzu)||Perspective Lens|
|Link's Awakening Trade Sequence|
|Yoshi Doll > Ribbon > Dog Food > Bananas > Stick > Honeycomb > Pineapple > Hibiscus > Letter > Broom > Fishing Hook > Necklace > Scale > Magnifying Lens|