Lens of Truth
|Lens of Truth|
Lens of Truth artwork from Ocarina of Time
|Game(s)|| Ocarina of Time|
|Other media||Hyrule Warriors|
|Use(s)||See invisible objects and enemies|
|Comparable Item(s)|| Cross|
Mask of Truth
Stone/Shard of Agony
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Lens of Truth can be found in the Bottom of the Well, where Dead Hand guards it. Link first hears about the item when an old man in Kakariko Village tells him about a man who could see the truth and whose house stood where the well is now.
The Lens of Truth allows Link to see things that are not normally visible to the naked eye. It shows which walls, floors, and objects are fake, and it allows him to see things such as invisible ladders, platforms, enemies, and Poes. It drains Magic Power when used. The Lens of Truth is completely optional but makes many areas, specifically the Shadow Temple, less challenging.
The Lens of Truth looks very similar to the Sheikah's Eye Symbol, with the handle as the tear.
In Majora's Mask, the Lens of Truth can be found in Lone Peak Shrine, a cave east of the Goron Village in Snowhead. The cave can be reached by jumping across invisible platforms, the positions of which are revealed to Link by Kaepora Gaebora. It functions the same way as its predecessor, but is also utilized in new capacities; it can now be used see the souls of deceased characters, such as Darmani, as well as characters that are totally unnoticeable, such as Shiro.
- In Ocarina of Time, if Link plays the Song of Storms and then uses the Lens of Truth, it will not drain Magic.
- In a early version of Ocarina of Time, the Spirit Medallion had the effect of the Lens of Truth. This is evidenced by data left in Ocarina of Time pointing the filename of the Spirit Medallion to the effect of the Lens of Truth. This would provide further proof that the Spirit Temple was meant to be completed before the Shadow Temple, since the Lens of Truth is required to navigate the latter.
- In Twilight Princess, the Howling Stone architectural design resembles the Lens of Truth, with both including the Sheikah Eye Symbol.
- "One who gains the eye of truth will be able to see what is hidden in the darkness." — Shadow Temple Fake Wall (Ocarina of Time)
- "I can hear the spirits whispering in this room... "Look for the eye of truth..." That's what they are saying!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "A long time ago... There was a man in this very village who had an eye they said could see the truth! Now usually, you have to train your mind's eye most strenuously to actually see the truth... But this fella, no, they say he had a different way of doing things... His house stood where the well is now..." — Old Man in Kakariko (Ocarina of Time)
- "You found the Lens of Truth! Set it to (C) and press (C) to look through it! Mysterious things are hidden everywhere! Be sure to try to use it outside of the well. Seeing the truth will cost magic power, so press (C) again to stop using it." — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "We could always use the Mirror of Truth... A hero left it in the temple some time ago!" — Ruto (Hyrule Warriors)
|Names in Other Regions|
| Lens of Truth|
Eye of Truth
|Spanish||Lupa de la Verdad||Magnifying Glass of the Truth|
|French|| Monocle de Vérité
Oeil de Vérité
| Monocle of Truth|
Eye of Truth
|Loupe de Vérité||Magnifying Glass of Truth|
|German||Auge der Wahrheit||Eye of Truth|