Artwork of Kiki from Link's Awakening
|Game(s)|| A Link to the Past|
|Era||Era of Light and Dark|
A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, Kiki shows up when Link is wandering through the maze of brush on his way to the Palace of Darkness, the first Dark World dungeon. Kiki loves Rupees more than anything else in the world and asks the young hero for 10 Rupees, after which he will follow Link. If Link is hurt by the enemies encountered while Kiki is following, the monkey will run back to the maze, and Link will need to give him another 10 Rupees to get him to follow again. When both Link and Kiki reach the palace entrance, Kiki tells Link he can open the door in exchange for 100 Rupees. If Link pays him, Kiki looks around for a bit, then jumps on the roof and hits a switch, opening the door. Once Kiki opens the entrance, the door will remain open. If Link declines to pay either time, Kiki will run off, and Link must return to the maze to find him.
In Link's Awakening, Kiki is found southeast of Kanalet Castle next to its moat. He complains that he is hungry. When Link gives him the Bananas as part of the Trading Sequence, he calls several other monkeys to build a bridge to access Kanalet Castle. After building the bridge, they leave behind a Stick, the next item in the Trading Sequence.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||サルキッキ (Saru Kikki)||Kikki (the) Monkey|
|Italian||Kiki la scimmia||Kiki the monkey|
- "I'm Kiki the monkey, ki ki! I love Rupees more than anything. Can you spare me 10 Rupees?" — Kiki (A Link to the Past)
- "Chi-kiita! Chi-kiita! Kiki the monkey! Hungry! Kiki the monkey!" — Kiki (Link's Awakening)
- "[Bananas]! [Bananas]! Oooh! Ooh! Kiki! Monkees! Come! Repay him! Kiki!" — Kiki (Link's Awakening)
- "You found a stick a monkey left behind... You take it!" — N/A (Link's Awakening)
- "Kiiiki! What?! All right, mutt! Let's battle!!" — Kiki (Link's Awakening)