|Game(s)||The Adventure of Link|
|Inhabitant(s)|| Old Man|
Magic Container Lady
Kasuto is the name of two towns in The Adventure of Link, Old Kasuto and the Hidden Town of Kasuto.
The original town of Kasuto was attacked and destroyed by monstrous Moas, forcing its people to flee, although one Old Man stayed behind. Upon Link's first arrival to Old Kasuto, the Moas who have taken over the town are invisible to him, and only by possessing the Cross can the young hero see these flying creatures. The Old Man who is left here informs Link that the town is deserted, and that he must look in the woods to the east in order to find the new village of Kasuto. Once Link has obtained all of the eight Magic Containers in the game, the Old Man of Old Kasuto will reward him with his most powerful magic yet, the Thunder magic. Link can also find a hint on the location of the Magical Key written on a wall in one of the empty houses.
Hidden Town of Kasuto
The Hidden Town of Kasuto, also known as the New Kasuto, is found in the eastern woods of the area and is revealed upon hitting a patch of grass with the Hammer. One of the elderly women living here approaches Link and, if the young hero has three out of the four Magic Containers, she will invite him inside her house to claim the fourth and last Container. Once again, Link can find a hint written on a wall in one of the empty houses which reveals the location of a Heart Container near the shore of Three Eye Rock.
On the second area of the town is a house with its door wide open. The chimney inside the house has an entrance to it, and entering it leads Link to an Old Man who teaches him the Spell. Using this new-found spell at the edge of town causes a temple to rise from the ground which houses the Magical Key.
- The original Japanese text written on the wall in Old Kasuto reads: "マホウノ カギハ カストノ タカラ ト カイテアル" when read from top to bottom.
- This town features one of the rare occasions where Link is shown speaking; the others being when Link finds the mirror in the Water Town of Saria, in The Wind Waker as he calls out to his companions, and Phantom Hourglass when calling out to Astrid and a young Goron on Goron Island. When trying to enter the chimney, Link says, "LOOKS LIKE I CAN GET IN THE FIREPLACE."
- Kasuto and Old Kasuto share certain similarities with Kakariko Village and the Hidden Village from Twilight Princess. In addition to the names' similarity between Kasuto and Kakariko Villages (first and last syllabes), Old Kasuto shares a connection with the Hidden Village, being an older version of a town that has been abandoned by all but a single resident.
Link finds the Magical Key in the Hidden Town of Kasuto
- "WE HAD TO FLEE KASUTO." — Young Woman in Hidden Town of Kasuto (The Adventure of Link)
- "THE OLD MAN WHO REMAINS HAS MAGIC." — Woman in Hidden Town of Kasuto (The Adventure of Link)
- "THE TOWN IS DEAD. LOOK EAST IN WOODS." — Old Man (The Adventure of Link)
- "MAGIC KEY READS... TREASURE OF KASUTO" — Written on a wall in Old Kasuto (The Adventure of Link)
- "DO YOU HAVE THE 7 MAGIC CONTAINERS" — Old Woman in Hidden Town of Kasuto (The Adventure of Link)
- "YOU DESERVE MY HELP. FOLLOW ME." — Old Woman in Hidden Town of Kasuto (The Adventure of Link)
- "EAST OF TRIPLE EYE ROCK AT SEASHORE." — Written on a wall in Hidden Town of Kasuto (The Adventure of Link)
- "REMEMBER THE MAGIC WORD." — Old Man (The Adventure of Link)
- "THERE IS A SECRET AT EDGE OF TOWN." — Old Woman in Hidden Town of Kasuto (The Adventure of Link)
- "LOOKS LIKE I CAN GET IN THE FIREPLACE." — Link (The Adventure of Link)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Old Kasuto||Hidden Town of Kasuto|
|Japanese||カスト (Kasuto)||ヒミツノマチカスト (Himitsu no Machi Kasuto)|
|French||Ville Cachée de Kasuto|
|German||Alte Stadt Kasuto||Verlorene Stadt Kasuto|
|Major locations in The Adventure of Link|
Click on a location
|Towns in Zelda II: The Adventure of Link|
|Rauru Town · Ruto Town · Saria Town · Mido Town · Nabooru Town · Darunia Town · Old Kasuto Town · New Kasuto Town|