From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s)||The Wind Waker|
Kamo is a character that appears in The Wind Waker.
One of Kamo's favorite hobbies is gazing at the Moon with a telescope, and at night Link can find him standing outside near the House of Wealth looking up at the sky. During the day, Kamo can be found sitting on some steps by Zunari's shop, pondering about his heartbreaking situation. When Link goes up to talk to him, he will tell the young hero that he has become depressed due to finding out that his childhood friend, Linda, has had her eyes on someone besides him all along; furthermore, it seems that this guy is a buddy of Kamo's. He insists that nobody in the world understands how he feels until Link offers his help. But before Kamo can believe in Link's words, he tests Link to see if he really comprehends the situation by asking him to bring a picture of a "perfectly round, pale thing."
Once Link brings a colored picture of the full moon to the troubled Kamo, he will apologize for making Link go through all that trouble, and rewards him with a Treasure Chart. Kamo will afterward feel completely rejuvenated, claiming that while unrequited love may have twisted him up on the inside, he can still find peace whenever he gazes at the moon.
|Kamo (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
|| Birthplace: Windfall Island|
Years with no girlfriend: 18
Ever the romantic, Kamo loves to gaze at the night sky. He and his dear friend Linda were once classmates at Mrs. Marie's School.
- Like Skull Kid in Majora's Mask, Kamo developed a fascination with the moon after having been disappointed by his best friend.
- Another humorless boy appears in Oracle of Ages: Dekadin, who lurks in his dark house and seeks to have his dark mood lifted away with laughter.
- ↑ "If you want to know the truth, I'm actually a little...heartbroken...at the moment. I just can't shake this depression." — Kamo (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "See, I found out that my childhood friend Linda had her eyes on someone besides me all this time..." — Kamo (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "And you know what's worse? He was my buddy! I just can't take it!" — Kamo (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "You pesky little brat! Nobody understands how I feel! Do you hear me? Nobody! Not you! Not anybody!" — Kamo (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Wait... Are you trying to tell me that you DO understand how I feel?" — Kamo (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "...Oh, really? Then how about a little test to see if you really do! I want you to show me a picture of the first perfectly round, pale thing you can think of. If you show me something that's exactly the same as my favorite thing, then you win, and I'll acknowledge...that you understand the inner workings of my heart and mind. It's quite a simple little riddle, isn't it? Quickly, now! Bring it to me!" — Kamo (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "I know I caused you a lot of trouble, but...thanks! I really mean it! I want you to have this for all your efforts. Just a little reward for easing the pain of this troubled heart." — Kamo (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Wow! I feel totally rejuvenated, and its all because of you! ...Thanks a lot!" — Kamo (The Wind Waker)
- ↑ "Unrequited love may have twisted me up inside, but I can still find peace when I gaze at the timeless moon... And of all her phases, I particularly love gazing at the full moon!" — Kamo (The Wind Waker)
|Names in Other Regions|