|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Item(s)|| Piece of Heart|
Song of Storms
|Related place(s)||Kakariko Village|
|Theme Music||File:Windmill Hut.ogg|
The windmill is one of the most prominent features of the village, as it is used to draw up water from the nearby well. The windmill is composed of two floors; however, the upper level can only be reached from the outside, in which Link must use the Longshot to grapple to a small wooden post that is located in an opening on the left of the windmill. Once inside the opening, the young hero can go up the stairs to find a lone Cucco and get a good view of the entire village by looking through another opening near where the Cucco is found.
Right below the windmill is a door that leads to the windmill hut. It is home to the Windmill Man, a music enthusiast who is trying to come up with a musical theme inspired by the windmill. After drawing the Master Sword from its pedestal, Link can go back to the windmill and speak with the Windmill Man, who recalls that seven years ago, a kid came to the windmill and played a strange melody, causing the windmill to speed up drastically. If Link shows him the Ocarina of Time, Guru-Guru will teach him the Song of Storms, which, paradoxically, is the song Link played for him seven years earlier. The young hero can then go back seven years and play that same melody inside the windmill, which will drain the Kakariko Well completely and allow entry to the Bottom of the Well in order to search for the Lens of Truth.
Inside the windmill hut is a Piece of Heart that can be reached after entering the hut through Dampé's Grave, or using the Boomerang. Upon exiting the grave, Link stumbles into the upper level of the inside of the hut, allowing the young hero to ride on top of the spinning platforms and thus reach the Piece of Heart.
- A similar windmill makes a small appearance in Oracle of Seasons. The Windmill Man Guru-Guru plays a role in the trading game for the Noble Sword.
- As they are considered the same area in-game, both the windmill and Dampé's Grave are referred to as "?" when entering them.
- "The windmill draws water up from the depth of the well." — Bearded man in Kakariko Village (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm a music man who loves to go around and around! Go around and around!!! I'm trying to come up with a musical theme inspired by this windmill...going around and around and around!!!" — Windmill Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "Grrrrrrrrr! I'll never forget what happened on that day, seven years ago! Grrrrrrrrr! It's all that Ocarina kid's fault! Next time he comes around here, I'm gonna mess him up!" — Windmill Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "That reminds me of that time, seven years ago! Back then a mean kid came here and played a strange song. It messed up this windmill!" — Windmill Man (Ocarina of Time)