|These pendants are said to flock to those who spread joy, like butterflies gathering around nectar-filled blossoms.|
|— Inventory description|
|Game(s)||The Wind Waker|
|Use(s)||Receive various items from Mrs. Marie|
Joy Pendants are spoils from The Wind Waker.
Mrs. Marie, the schoolteacher on Windfall Island, maintains a strong hobby out of the collecting of Joy Pendants, and will reward Link in exchange for certain amounts. Upon collecting 20 Joy Pendants for Mrs. Marie, she will be overwhelmed with joy and reward Link with the Cabana Deed. Mrs. Marie, upon receiving 40 Joy Pendants from Link, showers further praise and gives him the Hero's Charm, an item that enables Link to gauge an opponent's health during battle. Even though Link can only give Mrs. Marie a total of 99 Joy Pendants over the course of the game (she can only count to 99 anyway), Link will continue to find more Joy Pendants throughout his journey.
The Wind Waker HD
In The Wind Waker HD, Link does not obtain the Hero's Charm from Mrs. Marie as in the original game; the item is now found at the bottom of the Savage Labyrinth. In exchange for 40 Joy Pendants, Link receives Treasure Chart #45 instead.
- "I hear those guys keep Joy Pendants hidden in their pockets, so if you get one of those Grappling Hooks, you can use it to swipe their pendants!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "You see, lately I have been rather taken with collecting Joy Pendants!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "To tell you the truth, I'd actually like about 20 of them." — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "My whole body is numb with the thrill of excitement!...So this is what pure joy feels like!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "I own my very own cabana in a tropical oasis down south. But lately I haven't made use of it at all, so you can have it!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "I have no choice but to unleash pure joy on you! Prepare for an onrush of joy the likes of which you've never imagined!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "You got the Hero's Charm! This mystical trinket gives you the ability to see the life forces of your foes!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "To be honest, I can actually only count to 99, anyway. ...But that's fine! I'm not a math teacher." — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "If you don't need your Joy Pendants, I'll buy them from you for 5 Rupees each!" — Beedle (The Wind Waker)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Collar de la felicidad||Happiness Necklace|
|French||Pendentif du Bonheur||Happiness Pendant|