From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Family|| Coro (brother) |
In Twilight Princess, Iza is the owner of the Rapids Ride minigame located in Lanayru Province, which functions as boat rental shop that allows Link to travel down Zora's River. She has a younger brother named Coro and a younger sister named Hena who both also run their own business.
Although Iza seems to be nice and kind to Link, her brother Coro mentions on how Wolf Link does not even compare to how scary his older sister can get. Moreover, Iza's part-time worker comments that her boss has a short temper, also having a tendency to be stingy and bribe people with whatever is lying around.
When Link first meets Iza, she will not let him rent a boat, saying that they are temporarily closed. However, after he kills the shadow beasts that appear near her shack, she invites him inside. She explains to him that she can't rent boats to people because of an earlier rockfall, damming up the river. Iza then wishes a "handy guy" would come and help her, subtly asking for Link's aid. For helping her clear the rocks that are blocking the river's flow, she lets him borrow a bomb bag and arrows to make bomb arrows and destroy the boulders. Iza's part-time worker lets Link keep the bomb bag once the young hero restores the water flow.
If Link breaks the yellow jars hanging in Iza's shop, she will demand that Link pays for the damage, shouting "COM! PEN! SA! TION!" angrily at him. She will also refuse service to Link until he agrees to pay for the damages he caused with 10 Rupees.
- Plumm the bird might belong to Iza, as both her siblings own a bird and Plumm can be found at the finish point of Iza's Rapids Ride.
- After defeating the nearby Shadow Insect when the area is still covered in Twilight, Iza displays something of a longing for romance when talking to herself mentioning how her work life is doing just as poorly as her personal life. She then mentions how she wishes for a shiny prince to come by and solve all her problems, while momentarily looking towards the sky with hands together, before slumping down plus shaking her head dismissing the idea as far-fetched.
Iza talking to Link in Upper Zora's River.
- ↑ "Her name's Iza, by the way. Make sure you drop by her boat- rental shop sometime, OK?" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "But me, I'm not worried about you, little guy. My older sister is much scarier than you." — Coro (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "When we were closed, my boss's temper only got worse and worse... It was a rough time for us all..." — Iza's part-time worker (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Yes, she tends to bribe people with whatever's lying around... So stingy, really..." — Iza's part-time worker (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Hm... A customer? Sorry, but we're temporarily closed." — Iza (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Well, what are we standing around jawing for? Come on inside!" — Iza (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Well, I USED to rent boats here, but then we had a rockfall and it dammed the river up. Yeah... I could sure use a helpful guy around at times like this... Yup, a handy guy would sure be a big help around here." — Iza (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "I'll give you some bombs and arrows, so you just put 'em together and shoot bomb arrows at that thing." — Iza (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "It's all right. I'll let her know you kept it when I get back." — Iza's part-time worker (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "COM! PEN! SA! TION! 10 Rupees!" — Iza (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Oh, I can keep this up indefinitely until you pay, so I hope you're ready for the long haul, pal!" — Iza (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Golly. Work is tanking just as hard as my personal life these days..." — Iza (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Golly.. What am I going to do?! The water's back, and I still can't get back in business... I wish some shiny prince would just show up and fix it all... ...Ah well." — Iza (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|