Ingo, as he appears in Ocarina of Time
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Counterpart(s)|| Gorman (Majora's Mask)|
Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
Ingo is a bitter, minor character who works at Lon Lon Ranch. He appears to be grumpy and arrogant, often complaining about the harsh amount of work he has to do and citing his self-entitlement as his motivation for whining. Ingo gives off a morally ambiguous and untrustworthy aura.
Appearances and Biography
Ocarina of Time
Ingo debuts in the Zelda series in Ocarina of Time as Talon's employee at Lon Lon Ranch. During Link's childhood, Ingo is found working hard at the ranch, though grumbles and moans about the laziness of his superior, Talon. Conversely, Ingo appeals to Ganondorf and is granted ownership to the ranch during Link's adult era. He kicks Talon out of the ranch and orders Malon to do the hard work while he charges Rupees in exchange for short horse rides. Ingo will also challenge Link to a horse race but his greedy and vain personality is further revealed upon losing. However, after leaving the ranch, should Link come back (after winning Epona), Ingo's entire personality seems to have changed, being grateful for the opportunity to work under Talon.
Oracle of Seasons
Ingo reappeared in Oracle of Seasons as an easily agitated man who lives in Sunken City and collects vases. To complete his vase collection, Ingo wants a Goron Vase, an object which was always refused to him by Biggoron. Link is required to get the vase from Biggoron and trade it for Ingo's dinner to continue the Trading Sequence. Unlike in Ocarina of Time, he doesn't seem to have any relationship with Malon and Talon.
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
|Ambiguously Canon Content||hide|
- Ingo's appearance seems to be based on Luigi from the Super Mario Brothers series, whereas Talon seems to be based on Mario. The Legend of Zelda series has included references to other Nintendo franchises, including several monsters (based on Chain Chomp) taken directly from Mushroom Kingdom of the Super Mario Bros. series on more than one occasion.
- Link's Awakening featured a character similar in appearance known as the Cucco Keeper.
- Ingo's doppelgangers in Majora's Mask are Gorman and his brothers. Him having three doppelgangers puts him at #2 for the most doppelgangers in Majora's Mask, right behind the Graveyard Boy who has 6.
- Ingo's theme song, which can be heard when Link beats him in a horse race, is a slower remix of the horse race theme. It can also be unlimitedly heard in Gorman Track in Majora's Mask.
- "I can't believe that I, the great Ingo, am working on this dump of a ranch! Because the owner is so lazy, I always have to do to all the work around here! I, the hard-working Ingo, should be in charge, not that lazy bum, Talon!" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "I am Ingo and I mind the ranch. I've been working at this ranch for a long time for that lazy bum, Talon." — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "Heh heh... As promised, you keep the horse. However... I'll never let you leave this ranch!" — Ingo (Ocarina of Time)
- "Do you know of the Goron Vase? All collectors want to have it!" — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Shooot! That Biggoron! No matter how often I ask, he won't give me his vase! I'd give my dinner for it--Fish!" — Ingo (Oracle of Seasons)
|Names in Other Regions|