|Era||Era of Twilight|
Impaz is a character in Twilight Princess.
At some point, the Hidden Village was attacked and taken over by a group of Bulblins, thus, Impaz became a prisoner in her own house. When Ilia was kidnapped, she was taken to the village, where she befriended Impaz. Impaz helped Ilia escape from the Hidden Village, but stayed behind herself. As such, she did not know what had become of the girl until Link visited some time later. At first, she kept her door closed, thinking Link was a Bulblin. When Link frees the village of the Bulblins, she recognizes Link as the boy Ilia had told her so much about. Impaz is happy to hear that Ilia is safe and asks Link to return an item Ilia had failed to take with her.
Shortly after Ilia recovers her memory, Link goes to Impaz again for information on the Dominion Rod, based on some information Ilia gave him. Impaz is surprised and thrilled to see Link carrying the rod, as that meant that he was the "messenger to the heavens" and that she would finally be ably to fulfill the duty that bound her to the Hidden Village. She then gives Link the Ancient Sky Book, remarking that the meeting with Ilia must have been ordained by the gods. It is with this book that the Dominion Rod is eventually reactivated with the help of Shad.
- During development, Impaz was to a be a male named Old Man Impa.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU|| Impa (TP)
|Italian|| Divina (TP)
- "Worried (her usual expression)" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 186)
- "This village was once the secret home of a proud tribe who served the royal family... But it fell into decline, and became infested with dangerous beasts. It's become an awful place..." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
- "I... I remember something... I was confined somewhere... Yes, and I was saved by whoever was confined with me... And when that person set me free, they gave me this statue..." — Ilia (Twilight Princess)
- "Yes, yes, I remember that much! But that means...that person is still in trouble!" — Ilia (Twilight Princess)
- "Go home, you savages! Go on, git! I don't have any food left to feed you monsters! And I don't know anything about the girl! I'm not opening up until every last one of you is gone! You heard me! So get out of here!" — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
- "The howls of the beasts... They've faded into silence... Wait, are you... The savior! It's you, the savior! Please, please forgive me... for not opening up the door. My name is Impaz. I'm the last resident of this poor village. My name comes from the great one who built this village so long ago... [...] Excuse me for asking, but is your name... Link? Ah! I knew it... So then, you saved that nice girl?... How lovely. When she was here, she would often cheer me up by saying that you would come to help. That sweet girl... She worried about this old woman even as I helped her to escape from here... By royal order, I can't leave this place until a certain person arrives.... No matter what terrible fate is visited upon it... Oh, but listen to me blather on! I have a favor to ask: would you help me return this to her? I think she always kept it close to her heart, but even so, she didn't hesitate to part with it in order to protect me... I believe in my heart that it's kept me safe all this time... So please... I ask that you return it to that girl." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
- "Link... I remember being saved from a dangerous situation by someone... Someone who told me all about the rod of the heavens. But now I can't remember the who, why, where, or what it all means... Do you really think I'll recover my memory? I regret that a complete stranger like yourself got caught up in all of this because of me. I'm so sorry." — Ilia (Twilight Princess)
- "Hey! That rod... Is that the Dominion Rod? Ahh... Could it really be? Are you the messenger to the heavens?! Among the legends of my clan, there is a story from the time when the Oocca still maintained contact with the royal family. Yes, it said that a mysterious rod was handed down from the people of the sky, and it was called the Dominion Rod... The rod was only to be carried by the messenger to the heavens when the royal family needed to communicate with the Oocca. From generation to generation, my ancestors have guarded the book that, by royal decree, was to be given to the messenger to the heavens. This is that book. Please, take it. This book is written in the ancient language of Sky Writing. I am so glad I stayed in this village... If I had not met that young girl, what would have become of me? Meeting that girl must have been ordained by the gods, so that I could be here today to pass on this knowledge..." — Impaz (Twilight Princess)
- "Old Man Impa could be considered a male version of Impaz. If he'd been used, he would have been the series' first male Impa..." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse), pg. 186)