From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Item(s)|| Captain's Hat|
Piece of Heart
Song of Storms
|Related place(s)|| Road to Ikana|
OverviewIkana Castle. Stalchildren, the undead soldiers of Ikana Kingdom, can be found in the graveyard at night, patrolling the graves and warding off intruders. Dampé the gravekeeper, the Terminian counterpart to the Kakariko Graveyard's gravekeeper of the same name, resides here as well. Unlike his Hylian counterpart, this Dampé is quite timid.
At the end of the graveyard lies the remains of Captain Keeta. To the left of his skeletal body is a sign which states that anyone who awakens Keeta must defeat him in order to extinguish the flames surrounding the Treasure Chest above Dampé's home. After Link plays the Sonata of Awakening, the captain rises from his sleep and challenges Link to a race. Using projectiles to stint his pace, the young hero catches up and a battle ensues. After Link defeats him, Keeta declares the ancient war between Ikana and the Garo to be over and grants him the Captain's Hat for the purpose of conveying this message to his army.
The Captain's Hat, which houses Skull Keeta's soul, is one of only a few non-transformation masks that are essential to the completion of the quest. It allows Link to talk to the Stalchildren that appear in the graveyard at night. Speaking with them while wearing the Captain's Hat allows Link to open the gravesites that the undead soldiers are guarding.
- Main article: Beneath the Graveyard
On the night of the Second Day, the Stalchildren will be guarding a different grave. Asking them to open it reveals another section of the cavernous areas beneath the graveyard. This segment contains many hidden enemies and traps that Link must uncover using the Lens of Truth. At the end of the grave lies another Iron Knuckle, which must be defeated to reveal a chest containing a Piece of Heart.
The grave guarded by the Stalchildren on the night of the Final Day leads to an entirely separate location from the one accessed on the two prior occasions. This one has Dampé wandering inside it; he claims to be searching for the Royal Family's treasure. However, his torch has gone out, and he asks Link to guide him using his fairy. After a brief expedition which involves digging several isolated patches of dirt, the young hero and the gravekeeper uncover three blue flames that merge to reveal a Big Poe. Dampé flees in terror, leaving Link to battle the ghost alone. After its defeat, a treasure chest appears containing an empty bottle. Upon ascending the stairs at the end of the area, the gravekeeper can be found hiding under his bed, stricken with fear.
Minor Enemies and Traps
- Strangely, after purchasing the Stone Tower map from Tingle, Link will still be unable to see the map of the graveyard unless he has also bought the Clock Town map. This is likely an oversight.
The Moon as seen from Ikana Graveyard
- ↑ "All the graves here belong to the family members of the King of Ikana Castle, a place that lies beyond the mountains. Even nowadays, the ghosts come out at night. It is a frightening graveyard." — Dampé (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "It's a Stalchild. They were the cursed soldiers of the Kingdom of Ikana...What are you gonna do?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "There are a lot of bats out today. I don't like bats. I wish they'd go away." — Dampé the Gravekeeper (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Do you want see the dancing bones? If you do, then just wait here until night comes. I don't want to see something evil like that, though..." — Dampé the gravekeeper (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Ye who awaken me, battle me. Then shall I extinguish the furious flame." — Captain Keeta (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Young swordsman who has awakened and deftly defeated me... I shall rely on your power to fulfill my request. I ask you to take my soul, which rests in the fiercely burning flame..." — Captain Keeta (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I ask you to take my soul, which rests in the fiercely burning flame..." — Captain Keeta (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "We haven't seen you in some time, captain, sir! As per your orders, sir, we've been guarding these graves closely." — Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "You who do not fear the dead, learn well the song that is inscribed behind me..." — Flat (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I came looking for the Royal Family's legendary treasure, but my torch has gone out. I'm sorry, but could you walk in front of me and light the way?" — Dampe (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Cementerio Ikana||Ikana Cemetery|
|French||Cimetière d'Ikana||Ikana Cemetery|
|German||Friedhof von Ikana||Graveyard of Ikana|