From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Use(s)||Allows Link to hover across gaps for short periods of time|
|Comparable Item(s)|| Boots|
The Hover Boots are an equipment item found in Ocarina of Time.
The Hover Boots are found within the Shadow Temple, in the westernmost room of the first basement floor. To find the room it is hidden in, it's preferable to equip the Lens of Truth as the room's entrance is behind a fake wall. The boots are guarded by the dungeon's Mini-boss, Dead Hand which is speculated to be the same Young Link fought in the Bottom of the Well seven years earlier.
The Hover Boots allow Link to hover across gaps momentarily for a little more than a second. They allow Link to walk on thin air and hover over water for a short period. When they are equipped, they seemingly deny friction and provide very little traction, making running quite a task, as Link will slide all over the place. Wind will blow Link easily when he has these boots equipped. They prevent Link from sinking into the sands of the Haunted Wasteland and the Desert Colossus. These boots are necessary for Link to disable the Shadow Barrier and the Forest Barrier around Ganon's Tower, and they also do not cause platforms to sink in the fire section.
- Even though they do not appear in any other game in the Zelda franchise, the torches in the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess look similar to the Hover Boots.
- ↑ "I can hear the spirits whispering in this room... "Look for the eye of truth..." That's what they are saying!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "You got the Hover Boots! With these mysterious boots you can hover above the ground. The downside? No traction! You can even use these to walk for short periods where there is no solid ground. Be brave and trust in the boots!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Here...I can hear the spirits whispering in this room..."Those who have sacred feet should let the wind guide them. Then, they will be led to the hidden path." That's what they are saying!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Only one who has sacred feet can cross the valley of the dead." — Sign (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish|| Botas Voladoras
| Flying Boots|
|French||Bottes des Airs||Air Boots|
|French||Bottes des airs||Air boots|