House of Skulltula
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|House of Skulltula|
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Item(s)|| Adult's Wallet|
Stone of Agony
Piece of Heart
|Related place(s)|| Kakariko Village|
Swamp Spider House (Majora's Mask)
According to an old man, tales tell of an extremely rich family who used to live in one of the houses of the village, but due to their greed, they became cursed. When Link first enters the House of Skulltula, he finds it is inhabited by a father and his five sons who have taken the shape of Skulltulas due to the cursed bestowed upon them by the Spider of the Curse. The father goes on to explain that the only way their curse will be lifted is if all of the Gold Skulltulas around Hyrule are destroyed and if their Gold Skulltula Token is collected as well.
The man persuades Link to help them by promising the young hero great riches if the father and his sons are all freed from their curse. As such, Link must set out and seek out 100 Gold Skulltula Tokens to restore the family back to its former state. The young hero will earn their grateful awards each time he destroys a certain amount of Gold Skulltulas:
|Number of tokens||Item received|
|20||Stone of Agony|
|50||Piece of Heart|
|100||An Orange Rupee|
Once Link has collected all 100 Gold Skulltula Tokens, all the family members will return back to their original form, and the father will award the young hero with a Huge Rupee (Orange). Link can receive as many Huge Rupees as he wants each time he leaves the house and returns to talk to the father.
- It is possible to strike any of the cursed family members with a sword strike in their back, they will cry in pain and be stunned for a moment. When they are no longer stunned they will spin around once, which may hurt Link, and if Link approaches them again they will attack him one time. After that they revert to normal. Leaving the house and then reentering also returns any of them back to their normal behavior.
- The Swamp Spider House from Majora's Mask is somewhat similar to the House of Skulltula, and the cursed man resembles the father from the Skulltula Family. The man seeking for the shelter at the Oceanside Spider House, which bears an even stronger resemblance to the House of Skulltula, is also the Terminian counterpart of one of the young men after the curse had been lifted.
- Similarly to the rich family cured by the Skulltula, in Twilight Princess Link must save a man named Jovani, who has sold his soul to the Poes for untold riches, by obtaining 60 Poe Souls.
- ↑ "Folks around here tell of a fabulously rich family that once lived in one of the houses in this village... But they say that the entire family was cursed due to their greed! Who knows what might happen to those who are consumed by greed..." — Old man in Kakariko Village (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "We all look like this because of the spider's curse. If every Spider of the Curse in the entire world were destroyed, the curse would be broken." — Man in the House of Skulltula (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "If you break the curse on my family, we will make you very rich..." — Man in the House of Skulltula (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "The curse has been broken! Thank you! Here's a reward for you!" — A son in the House of Skulltula (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "You have received a Huge Rupee! It is worth a whopping 200 Rupees!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Casa de las skulltulas|
|French||Maison des Skulltulas|