Hot Spring Water
|Hot Spring Water|
|Game(s)|| Majora's Mask|
The Minish Cap
|Comparable Item(s)|| Bottled Water|
Hot Spring Water, also called Hot Springwater, is a recurring item in the The Legend of Zelda series. It is warm water found in volcanic regions, such as Death Mountain or Mount Crenel, that performs better than standard water under certain situations. It is kept inside Bottles.
In Majora's Mask, Hot Spring Water is used to thaw out the Goron Elder, who is frozen on the route to the Goron Shrine. Hot Spring Water is found by pushing Darmani's grave while in Goron form. Link can then use the Hot Spring Water on an ice block on the road to Goron Village to reveal a hole where more Hot Spring Water is held.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, Mt. Crenel Mineral Water (also called Crenel Hot Spring Water in the European version of the game) is found in Mount Crenel. It collects in certain pools in the mountain, where it is notably green in color. It is mainly used to grow green beanstalks, which cannot use ordinary Water. It is also used in a sidequest where it is delivered to a Forest Minish, who will then create a new type of Picolyte.
In Twilight Princess, Hot Springwater can be taken directly from the hot springs in Death Mountain or in Kakariko Village. It is full of nutrients and drinking it will replenish all Hearts. It is also said to have a sweet smell. Although Hot Springwater is easy to obtain, it cools within three minutes, turning into normal water and losing its health-restoring properties, which makes it useless for long journeys.
There is a shop in Castle Town run by a Goron and his son which supplies Hot Springwater from Death Mountain. However, since the bridge leading to the Eldin Province was destroyed, they were unable to get a supply of water to the shop. Even after the bridge is repaired by Malo Mart's fund-raising efforts, the Goron sits by the bridge and says he is too tired to retrieve water from the mountain, and says that being doused with some Springwater would give him the energy he needs. Fortunately, Gor Liggs in Kakariko Village gives Link a barrel full of water which he must safely carry through the monster-infested Hyrule Field to Castle Town and throw on top of the tired Goron. After being revitalized by the water, the Goron is able to restock his shop with fresh Hot Springwater, and gives Link a free Bottle-full as thanks.
Once the Goron's shop has been stocked, Hot Springwater can be given to the Goron just south of town, who says he can break through a rock wall blocking the path to southern Hyrule Field if he could have some of the water for an energy boost. Once he has received the water, he is able to break the wall in about a day by rolling into it, thus opening the path to the Field.
- "You put Mt. Crenel Mineral Water in your bottle! It's piping hot!" — US release (The Minish Cap)
- "You put Crenel Hot Spring Water in your bottle! It's piping hot!" — EU release (The Minish Cap)
- "You got hot springwater! It's full of nutrients, but drink it while it's hot." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "Death Mountain hot springwater. Set it to [B] and drink it with [B] to replenish all hearts. If it cools down, it will be just water." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "Brother, you have the sweet smell of hot springwater..." — Goron (Twilight Princess)
- "Hot springwater cools as time passes, so if you do not hurry, you will end up with plain old cold water, my brother!" — Gor Liggs (Twilight Princess)
- "Bathe in it to moisturize the skin! Drink it to restore health! Famous Goron hot springwater, THIS WAY!" — Young Goron (Twilight Princess)
- "My father cannot get any hot springwater to sell, so lately he just sits outside the eastern gate." — Young Goron (Twilight Princess)
- "Ahhhh... At times like these, I wish I could douse myself with piping hot springwater..." — Goron (Twilight Princess)
- "But it is strange... Even though they say the bridge has been repaired, my young one in Castle Town fails to return... I am sure he is hanging his head somewhere around the west gate right at this moment. Here is the plan, my brother: I will prepare some hot springwater, and you will douse that young one to revitalize him." — Gor Liggs (Twilight Princess)
- "If I took a drink of that, I would feel so strong, I could probably get rid of these rocks!" — Goron (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||温泉水 (Onsen Sui)||Hot Spring Water|
|Spanish||Agua de Manantial Caliente||Hot Spring Water|
|French||Source d'Eau Chaude|