Hot Spring Water
|Hot Spring Water|
|Game(s)||Majora's Mask, The Minish Cap, Twilight Princess|
|Comparable Item(s)||Bottled Water, Forest Water|
- Not to be confused with Forest Water.
Appearances, Location and Uses
In Majora's Mask, Hot Spring Water is used to melt the Goron Elder who is frozen on the route to the Goron Shrine. Hot Spring Water is found in Majora's Mask by pushing Darmani's grave while in Goron form. Link can then use the Hot Spring Water on an ice block on the road to Goron Village to reveal a hole where more Hot Spring Water is held.
The Minish Cap
Mt. Crenel Mineral Water (also called Crenel Hot Spring Water in the European version of the game) is found in in The Minish Cap. It is used mainly in Mount Crenel, when it is required to grow some plants that can't use ordinary water. It is also needed in a subquest to be delivered to a forest Minish, who will then create a new type of Picolyte. To scoop up the Hot Spring Water, use a Bottle near the spring.
In Twilight Princess, Hot Spring Water (called Hot Springwater) can be taken directly from the hot springs on Death Mountain or in Kakariko Village. It is full of nutrients and drinking it will replenish all hearts; it is also said to have a sweet smell. Although Hot Spring Water is easy to obtain, it cools within three minutes, turning into normal water and losing its health-restoring properties, which makes it useless for long journeys.
There is a shop in Castle Town run by a Goron and his son which supplies Hot Spring Water from Death Mountain. However, since the bridge leading to the Eldin Province was destroyed, they were unable to get a supply of water to the shop. Even after the bridge is repaired by Malo Mart's fund-raising efforts, the Goron sits by the bridge and says he is too tired to retrieve water from the mountain, and says that being doused with some spring water would give him the energy he needs. Fortunately, Gor Liggs in Kakariko Village, who reveals himself to be the father of this Goron, gives Link a barrel full of water which he must safely carry through a monster-infested field to Castle Town and throw on top of the tired Goron. After being revitalized by the water, the Goron is able to restock his shop with fresh Hot Spring Water, and gives Link a free bottle-full as thanks.
Once the Goron's shop has been stocked, Hot Spring Water can be given to the Goron just south of town, who says he can break through a rock wall blocking the path to the field if he could have some of the water for an energy boost. Once he has received the water, he is able to break the wall in about a day by rolling into it, thus opening the path to the southern Hyrule Field.
- "You put Mt. Crenel Mineral Water in your bottle! It's piping hot!" — US release (The Minish Cap)
- "You put Crenel Hot Spring Water in your bottle! It's piping hot!" — EU release (The Minish Cap)
- "You got hot springwater! It's full of nutrients, but drink it while it's hot." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "Death Mountain hot springwater. Set it to [B] and drink it with [B] to replenish all hearts. If it cools down, it will be just water." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "Brother, you have the sweet smell of hot springwater..." — Goron (Twilight Princess)
- "Hot springwater cools as time passes, so if you do not hurry, you will end up with plain old cold water, my brother!" — Gor Liggs (Twilight Princess)
- "Bathe in it to moisturize the skin! Drink it to restore health! Famous Goron hot springwater, THIS WAY!" — Young Goron (Twilight Princess)
- "My father cannot get any hot springwater to sell, so lately he just sits outside the eastern gate." — Young Goron (Twilight Princess)
- "Ahhhh... At times like these, I wish I could douse myself with piping hot springwater..." — Goron (Twilight Princess)
- "But it is strange... Even though they say the bridge has been repaired, my young one in Castle Town fails to return... I am sure he is hanging his head somewhere around the west gate right at this moment. Here is the plan, my brother: I will prepare some hot springwater, and you will douse that young one to revitalize him." — Gor Liggs (Twilight Princess)
- "If I took a drink of that, I would feel so strong, I could probably get rid of these rocks!" — Goron (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||温泉水 (Onsen Sui)||Hot Spring Water|
|Spanish||Agua de Manantial Caliente||Hot Spring Water|
|French||Source d'Eau Chaude|