From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Honcho as seen in-game
|See, us Anoukis are thinkers, not monster fighters.|
When Link first meets him, he refuses to give Link the information as he is too busy setting up a village watch to patrol for the monsters that began to appear ever since the Spirit Tracks vanished. He will tell Link everything if he is able to find a patrol partner for each villager, so he gives the young hero the task to pair up all of the Anoukis. However, Honcho warns Link that the Anoukis are extremely picky when it comes to who they want as partners, but he mentions to the young hero that he is happy to pair up with any old Anouki. Link must talk to each of the Anoukis, find out their preferences, and pair them up.
Once Link shows Honcho his findings, he will be grateful to the young hero and unlock the path leading to the Snow Sanctuary. However, he warns him about a "ginormous monster" that appeared a long time ago in the tunnel to the sanctuary, telling him to be careful before Link departs to meet Steem.
Later on in the game, the Honcho departs Anouki Village temporarily, while another villager pretends to be the Honcho. During this time Link brings a Goron who wishes to live in a colder climate to the village. The pretend Honcho then lets the Goron live in the Honcho's house much to the dismay of of the real Honcho, who returns to find that he is homeless.
- ↑ "Not only am I the honcho of this here little village, Honcho's my name!" — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
- ↑ "...Honestly, though, when those tracks disappeared, us Anoukis were shocked. Not only were the tracks gone, but monsters started poppin' up too! We're in a real bind now! There's danger around every corner! So I don't really have time to yak it up about goin' to the Snow Sanctuary." — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
- ↑ "But I might be able to chat more if you'd help this old- timer organize some teams. What do you say, pal?" — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
- ↑ "Ya think you're up to the task, buddy? Yeah, ya got a real capable look to ya. Well, do your best, but don't get worked up if the goin' gets a little tough! See, most of the villagers are a little picky about who they'll partner up with. Pairin' them off is gonna be a pain, but I think ya got it under control. Talk with folks in town, and come tell me when you've found the best pairings!" — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
- ↑ "Technically speakin', the tunnel that goes there is still intact... But no one's used it since that ginormous monster moved in a few years back. See, us Anoukis are thinkers, not monster fighters. But I can tell you're cut from different cloth than us! Sturdier cloth! Sure, the tunnel to the Snow Sanctuary is scary, but you can handle it! Here's the entrance. If ya decide to use it, be careful in there, OK?" — Honcho (Spirit Tracks)
|Names in Other Regions|