|Game(s)||The Wind Waker|
|Use(s)||Revealing enemies health meter|
The Hero's Charm is an item in The Wind Waker.
The Hero's Charm is obtained in Windfall Island by giving Mrs. Marie 40 Joy Pendants. The Cabana Deed must be obtained first from her after handing 20 Joy Pendants. In The Wind Waker HD, the Hero's Charm is found in a Treasure Chest in the last floor of the Savage Labyrinth.
When equipped, the Hero's Charm reveals the life meter of any targeted enemy, appearing as a red bar next to the enemy. The mask also functions during boss battles, only instead with an longer life bar at the bottom of the screen. The Hero's Charm can be equipped or unequipped anytime in the Quest Status screen.
The only two bosses in the game the Hero's Charm cannot be used against are Puppet Ganon and Ganondorf, likely because the former can only be defeated with Light Arrows, which deal no set amount of damage, and the latter does not have a predetermined life energy and can only be killed at a certain, random point in the battle.
- The Hero's Charm marks the first time in the Zelda series that an enemy's life meter can be visualized. While boss fights in The Adventure of Link feature a life meter, ordinary enemies do not.
- "I have no choice but to unleash pure joy on you! Prepare for an onrush of joy the likes of which you've never imagined!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "To tell you the truth, I'd actually like about 20 of them." — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "I own my very own cabana in a tropical oasis down south. But lately I haven't made use of it at all, so you can have it!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "You got the Hero's Charm! This mystical trinket gives you the ability to see the life forces of your foes!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Amuleto de héroe||Hero's Amulet|
|French||Amulette du Héros|
|Italian||Amuleto dell'Eroe||Hero's Amulet|