|Game(s) Present|| The Wind Waker
The Hero's Charm is given to Link as a memento after trading Mrs. Marie, the kindly teacher who resides in the main square of Windfall Island, an extra 40 Joy Pendants. Link must have already received the Cabana Deed from Mrs. Marie before having the opportunity to obtain the Hero's Charm, as the Cabana Deed was a previous gift for handing Mrs. Marie Link's first 20 Joy Pendants.
In The Wind Waker HD, the Hero's Charm is found in the Treasure Chest at the bottom of the Savage Labyrinth. The Piece of Heart located there in the original game was moved to an underwater treasure chest, found with Treasure Chart #46.
The mask reveals an enemy's life meter, allowing Link to visualize the amount of damage inflicted per strike upon a particular enemy. Enemy life energy appears as a red bar next to the foe when it is targeted. The Hero's Charm also functions during boss fights (excluding Ganondorf and Puppet Ganon) in which the boss's life meter is displayed at the bottom of the screen, as opposed to near the enemy in question.
- The Hero's Charm marks the first time in the Zelda series that an enemy's life meter can be visualized.
- The two eyes on the mask resemble the Sheikah Eye Symbol.
- "Although I may be a school teacher, I have a certain...flair about me, don't you think?" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "I have no choice but to unleash pure joy on you! Prepare for an onrush of joy the likes of which you've never imagined!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "You got the Hero's Charm! This mystical trinket gives you the ability to see the life forces of your foes!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "To tell you the truth, I'd actually like about 20 of them." — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "I own my very own cabana in a tropical oasis down south. But lately I haven't made use of it at all, so you can have it!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Amuleto de héroe||Hero's Amulet|
|French||Amulette du Héros|
|Italian||Amuleto dell'Eroe||Hero's Amulet|