From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Family|| Iza (sister) |
Hena is a young woman who is the owner of the fishing hut in Zora's River in Twilight Princess. She is the youngest of her family, and unlike her older siblings Coro and Iza, she does not wear an afro.
Hena admires the Fisherman from Ocarina of Time, and even believes that she is his descendant, sharing his passion for Fishing and his awkward itch. She also owns a pet Bird named Purdy who at random times mentions that Hena is "very OLD", to which the fishing hole owner responds by demanding that Purdy stop telling lies. Despite her love for fishing, she has never caught or seen a Hylian Loach, and admits that just seeing one would bring her joy. Apart from fishing, she has also invented a game called Rollgoal, which unlocks the Frog Lure after completing the first eight levels.
In order to try fishing, Link must first consult with Hena, who will allow Link to use both the fishing rod and fishing boat. For 100 Rupees, she will join Link and advise him on several things such as the best spot to fish, but won't allow the use of a sinking lure, as she believes it is cheating and harmful to the fishes and environment. She will, however, allow him to use three different types of floating lures: the swimmer, popper, and spinner types.
Hena has an aquarium especially made for her customers where she keeps the biggest of each fish type that gets brought in. One of her dreams is to fill the tank with one of each kind of fish so that she can have her own small aquarium, which would include the legendary Hylian Loach. Once Link manages to catch the legendary fish, she thanks him for making her dream come true, and even calls him a "master fisherman."
Hena also comments on items that Link views in the fishing cabin, which can be seen as a way that Nintendo uses to satirize some of Link's infamous behaviors, such as him not taking his hat off upon entering a building, or going around breaking other people's Jars, the latter to which Hena comments as being the "dumbest thing" she's ever heard of.
When Link looks at the canoe, Hena will tell him that it is her private boat that she only uses with her boyfriend whenever she has one; thus, she doesn't lend it out to customers. Link can also roll into the wall to try to break the jars, but is thrown out of the house after being told to stop several times and needs to apologize to Hena upon entering.
During the ending credits Iza, Hena and Coro are all seen lounging together at the fishing hole.
- If Link looks at some books on the bottom of the shelf underneath the photos, Hena will say that the name of the book is called The Legend of the Hylian Loach: Twilight Fish, which is about how a young Hylian Loach saves Hyrule from danger. The name of the book and the plot is a direct parody to Twilight Princess. The book also explains how, when, and where Link can catch a Hylian Loach, the legendary fish.
- After Link looks at the picture of the Fisherman from Ocarina of Time, he can look over at Hena, who will be scratching herself. She mentions that she doesn't know why she gets itchy sometimes, resembling the Ocarina of Time fisherman in that way.
- If Link is fishing with Hena, there is a heart container on the cliffs. If he casts his fishing rod up there it will come down to him and Hena will tease Link about it.
- ↑ "That's my older brother, Coro, and a 25-inch Ordon catfish he caught." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "That's my older sister. [...] Her name's Iza, by the way." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "That's one of Hyrule's legendary master fisherman! Look, he's got a Hylian loach, doesn't he? He just may be one of my ancestors! Of course, I can't exactly PROVE that... It's kinda just wishful thinking on my part." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 "Dearie me! I'm sorry! I don't know why, but sometimes I just get itchy..." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Hena's OLD! Very OLD!" — Purdy (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Hey! Purdy! I told you to quit telling lies!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "And they say you can catch the legendary Hylian loach around here, too, but I've never caught one... To tell the truth, I'd be happy just SEEING one of those things!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Ooh, and I also have a frog type, but that's kinda tough to use. I only lend THAT to people who can beat that game next to the door." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "You can also get yourself a charming and savvy guide, but that deluxe fishing package will run you 100 Rupees!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Sinking lures are NOT allowed! That's what we call CHEATING! Those things attract even the fish that aren't really hungry. Does that sound fun to you? No. Not only is it no fun, but it's bad for the ecosystem. It changes fish's feeding habits, and then NOBODY will be able to catch them. Sinking lures have been banned here for generations: that's why you can still catch fish here!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "You can only fish with floating lures here, and I lend out three different types. The basic lure's the swimmer type, but I also have poppers and spinners!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "That's a special fish tank just for my customers! Of course, I don't wanna encourage overfishing, so I only keep the biggest of each fish type that gets brought in." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "See, it's been a dream of mine to fill this tank with one of each kind of fish and build myself a little aquarium, know what I mean?" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "I just can't believe my dream would come true so soon! I couldn't have filled this without your help! Three cheers for the master fisherman, Link!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Y'know, it's generally considered polite to take your hat off when you come indoors... When you come inside, you're supposed to take off your hat! That's just good manners!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Aren't you a little young to be interested in jar collecting? I don't want those to get broken, so I store 'em up out of the way. It sounds crazy, but I've heard stories of people who have nothing better to do than go around breaking every jar they see. I mean, is that the dumbest thing you've ever heard in your life?! Who would DO that?!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Ooh, that's my private boat, sorry. I don't lend it out to customers. It's a two-seater, so I only use it when I have a boyfriend." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "C'mon... Can't you try to control yourself? I'm gonna have to ask you to leave. [...] That's it! Enough! You're being a jerk! Get OUT!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Fine. Apology accepted." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Ooh, whose heart did you catch? You big sweetheart!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|