From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Welcome to Zelda Wiki's Help Guide! Here, we hope to be able to answer any questions you may have regarding using and editing Zelda Wiki.
Any suggestions for extra information to add to the guide can be placed here. Thanks!
If you cannot find what you're looking for, why not ask the staff? Jump in there if there is a section of the Help Guide you cannot find, or there is a topic you feel hasn't been given enough justice.
Well-rounded editors are proficient in many tasks. To become one, you must first:
- Get started writing articles, creating edits, and using basic coding.
- Learn to locate, add, and cite sources in articles.
- Upload files to the wiki and implement them in articles.
- Understand the purpose of protecting pages.
- Use tight redirects when linking pages together.
- Learn how to use Discussion Pages to the benefit of the wiki.
- Implement existing templates and learn to make your own. This list of formatting templates should be of great use.
- Make fun userboxes for your userpage, or hoard existing ones from the userbox list.
- Use the wiki's canon policy to discern between canonical, ambigulous, and non-canonical material.
- Practice proper editing etiquette when dealing with users, discussions, and editing disputes.
- Actively participate in the nomation and voting of Featured Content.
- Ask about the technique required in contributing to Nintendo articles.
- Figure out why images are deleted in accordance with other image deletion policy.
- Learn how Zelda Wiki interacts with our Zelda wikis using our unique inter-wiki policy.
- Master the quality standards of an article by maintaining, contributing, and creating content.
- Understand the limitations and priviledges provided to user accounts.
- Successfully learn to archive Discussion pages when they grow too large.
- Become a master of article reorganization, and give the gift of reading ease and beauty to the wiki.
- Study the methods of advanced coding in both CSS and HTML.
- Break open the secrets behind making a cool custom signature.
- Find out how to proficiently merge two or more pages into one.
- Boldly consider moving pages that require a new, or more relevant title.
- Step up to the plate and grasp the concept behind patrolling edits. (Patrollers, Admins, Bureaucrats)
- Understand the coding behind implementing tables in articles.
- Ask about how to make a unique navigation header for your userpages.
- Put your best theory to the test by submitting a WikiExclusive to Zelda Wiki.
- Get to know your friendly and supportive adminstrative staff.
- Learn what you can and cannot do as a user in Zelda Wiki's narrow, transparent hierarchy.
- Involve yourself in Zelda Wiki's Public Skype Chat and make friends with other editors in the community.
- Read about the Masterminds, our GNU Free Documentation License, and more.
- Use all resources available to you, including this wiki's Glossary, in order to further your wiki experience.
Other Help Resources
If you have any other questions not answered in this help guide, please see Zelda Wiki's various community help departments:
- Door of Time, an archive of all previously-asked questions before 2012 (questions from 2012 onwards are placed in the following pages' respective archives). Check here before asking a question elsewhere, as your question may have been answered already.
- Milk Bar, where you can ask for other users' help with Wiki tasks that you can't do yourself such as clearing up images, as well as report errors that you are having with the wiki.
- Hyrule Castle, where you can discuss upcoming projects or suggest changes that should be made to the wiki.