From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Effective Weapons||Sacred Tears|
A Guardian is a powerful creature featured in Skyward Sword.
There are two types of Guardians that inhabit Silent Realms. One looks like a mace-wielding Darknut, which can run quickly, but is limited by obstacles and generally confined to certain areas. The other type is a robed beast that slowly hovers around with two blades, passing through any obstacle in its way, and vaguely resembles a Garo. Both types have three distinctive glowing eyes and pure white armor and robes laced with black and gold. As Link is unarmed while in Silent Realms, Guardians are effectively indestructible.
While Link is in a Silent Realm, he has to collect Sacred Tears to successfully complete the trial. The Guardians will try to prevent him from accomplishing that goal by chasing him as soon as Link leaves the safety of the circle he starts in. If they land a single hit on him, Link's spirit will shatter and he will have to restart the trial. Link can stop the pursuit by collecting a Sacred Tear, which will return the creatures to their inert statue-like state for 90 seconds. A flower above the Spirit Vessel acts as a timer, with its petals disappearing to indicate how long the Silent Realm Guardian will remain inactive. If Link is spotted by a Watcher or touches Waking Water, the effect of the tears will be nullified and the Guardians will reawaken, resuming their search for the young hero.
- The pose of the mace-weilding Guardian is identical to that of the black Temple of Time Darknut in Twilight Princess before it turns to face Link.
- ↑ "If you take even a single step outside the protective circle you stand in, the Guardians of this realm will wake up and pursue you, Master." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "If a Guardian manages to land even a single hit on you, your spirit will shatter and you will fail the trial." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "You got a Sacred Tear! This object's power halts the movements of the Guardians for just 90 seconds. Collect all 15 to pass the trial!" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Guardians can't detect you as long as petals remain on your Spirit Vessel. Find tears to restore petals." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "The unusual liquid substance that covers that area is known as Waking Water, and it has certain unique properties. If you make contact with Waking Water, the Guardians will be immediately alerted to your presence." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
|Names in Other Regions|