Goron Village (Majora's Mask)
The Goron Village in Majora's Mask
|Inhabitant(s)|| Goron Elder|
Goron Elder's Son
|Item(s)|| Rock Sirloin|
Piece of Heart
Lens of Truth
Bigger Bomb Bag
|Related place(s)|| Snowhead|
The Goron Village is a location that appears in Majora's Mask.
Features and Overview
Situated in the Snowhead region of Termina, Goron Village is the home of the Gorons in the land. Since the weather has been so cold, many of the Gorons have retreated into the Goron Shrine in the center of the village to keep themselves warm. To the east side of the village is a cave housing the Lens of Truth. On the west side of the village, Medigoron can be found within his shop, where he sells Powder Kegs and approves the worthy Gorons who can complete his test to use the Kegs.
During the winter, a single Goron will be standing on top of the Goron Shrine entrance, allowing Link entrance to it if he does not possess the Goron Mask. Once spring returns to the village, most Gorons (including the Goron Elder) can be found either inside the Shrine or at the Goron Racetrack.
The Goron Shrine is the home of many Gorons during the winter season, including the Goron Elder and his son. If Goron Link speaks to the Gorons within the Shrine, they will express their disbelief that it is Darmani, not knowing that it is actually Link wearing the Goron Mask, in which Darmani's soul is encased. The sharp cries of the baby cause the rest of the Gorons to become uneasy, trying to cover the ears and tune out the bawling and screaming of the Elder's son. Once Goron Link plays the "Goron Lullaby" to the child, he will fall asleep, lighting the torches in his room and relieving the rest of the Gorons of his cries.
Torches can be found all around the Goron Shrine and, once they are all lit up, the chandelier above will light up and start spinning. By breaking one of the Goron heads on the chandelier, Link can find a Rock Sirloin and take it to the hungry Goron in Mountain Village.
The entrance of the Goron Shrine is tightly shut during the winter, and it only stays open for a short amount of time in order to keep the cold from coming inside; however, in the spring, the door is widely open for anyone to freely come and go.
Lone Peak Shrine
The Lone Peak Shrine, which contains the Lens of Truth locked away in a chest, is located across an endless abyss in Goron Village. In order to reach the entrance to the shrine, Link must follow Kaepora Gaebora as he drops feathers that reveal invisible platforms leading to the other side. Inside the Lone Peak Shrine are many invisible enemies, including Big Skulltulas, that the young hero will only be able to see once he has retrieved the Lens of Truth.
Once springtime arrives to the village, the floating platforms leading to the Lone Peak Shrine will be visible, rendering the Lens of Truth useless to reach the other side.
- "Goron Powder Keg Shop. New customers will be tested on proper usage. The Shopkeeper" — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- "I'm the Goron who sells the Powder Keg, the most famous product of the Gorons. Want a Powder Keg? Powder kegs explode with powerful blasts and are very dangerous... Until I have tested you to see if you can use them properly, I can't let you use any on your own." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "If you can destroy the boulder that blocks the entrance to the Goron Racetrack near here... using the Powder Keg I'm about to give you, then I'll approve you to carry them." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Goron Shrine
Please see the gatekeeper above." — Sign (Majora's Mask)
- "...Darmani?You're alive?! The Goron Elder said you had died... Was that a lie?" — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- "Those sideburns... Aren't you Darmani? You're supposed to be dead...but you're alive? What have you been doing? Thinking you were dead, the Elder went to Snowhead on his own... But for now, please go see the Elder's son. Hurry!" — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- "Whatever the case may be, welcome back... So... does that incessant crying sound familiar to you? The Goron Elder's son won't stop crying." — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- "The Elder went to Snowhead and hasn't come back, so now his son is so lonely he won't stop crying. If you don't find the Goron Elder and ask him to come back... I'll never be able to sleep. And it just keeps getting colder outside... Even in here it is so cold that we could freeze." — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- "You're Darmani! How? You're alive?! Do you want to enter the Goron Shrine? Then I'll open the door with a Goron Pound. I'm going to close it right away so it doesn't get cold inside, so hurry up and get in. Are you ready?" — Goron (Majora's Mask)
- "Lone Peak Shrine ahead. Watch your step! It's a long way down!" — Sign (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishLA||Pueblo goron (MM3D)|
|FrenchEU||Village Goron||Goron Village|
|FrenchCA||Village goron (MM3D)||Goron village|