From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Two of the Gorman Brothers
|Counterpart(s)||Ingo (Ocarina of Time)|
The Gorman Brothers are three brothers in Majora's Mask. Two of them, referred to as the Gorman Brothers by the Bombers' Notebook, are found on a racing track near Romani Ranch called the Gorman Track, while the other one, known only as Gorman, is the leader of the Gorman Troupe. The brothers resemble Ingo from Ocarina of Time.
The Gorman Brothers
The Gorman Brothers are known for their devious nature. They do everything in their power to hinder Romani Ranch, such as breaking bottles of milk to prevent them from being delivered; however, Cremia remains oblivious as to the perpetrators of these acts.. It is also likely that the two brothers are the ones responsible for blocking the path to the ranch with a giant boulder, preventing Romani Ranch from bringing supplies to the town's Milk Bar.
The Gorman Brothers are dismissive of those who show up at the Gorman Track without a horse. Moreover, they continue to demonstrate their malicious intents by suggesting that if the visitor is in need of a horse, they could just steal a horse from Romani Ranch since they would probably not even notice. They also sell Milk for 50 Rupees and mention that the milk produced in Romani Ranch is watered down and not worth drinking, while saying that theirs is always fresh and full of vitamins.
When Link first meets them, they treat him with a cocky and arrogant attitude as they make fun of the size of his horse. They challenge him to a race for 10 Rupees, confident that they will win. When Link beats them, they hand over the Garo's Mask as long as the young hero promises to not tell anyone where he got it from.
If Link helped Romani defend the cows from the Ghosts on the night of the First Day and accepts to accompany Cremia on the milk delivery to town on the Second Day, the ranch owner and Link discover that the road to Clock Town has been blocked, most likely due to the Gorman Brothers. As such, they are forced to take a detour through the Gorman Track. The Gorman Brothers, wearing the Garo's Mask while riding on their horses, chase the wagon and try to break the cargo of Milk bottles that Cremia is trying to deliver to the Milk Bar. Link chases them off using his Bow and Arrows, and the pair is able to escape the Gorman Brothers without any major harm done. However, if Link fails to protect the milk from the bandits, the Gorman Brothers will have taken over the milk business by the Final Day.
If Link talks to them using the Circus Leader's Mask, the Gorman Brothers will get sentimental and talk about their younger brother, Gorman. They will even show a sign of remorse for all the malevolent deeds they have done, but then mention that they can't get emotional over such things; thus, they ask Link to stop making them feel uncomfortable and take the mask off. Wearing the mask also prevent them from attacking Cremia's milk wagon on the night of the Second Day.
- Main article: Gorman
The middle sibling of the Gorman Brothers, Gorman, seems to be kinder and more benevolent than his brothers, despite that he might not show it when Link first talks to him. Unlike his brothers, he was no good at handling and taking care of horses, so he left the ranch life to join the world of show business after hearing the mother of Lulu sing the famous melody of Ballad of the Wind Fish.
If Link comforts him by playing the Ballad of the Wind Fish, he gives the young hero the Circus Leader's Mask as a reward for helping him remember why he joined the world of show business.
- ↑ "Gorman Brothers / Horse trainers. Suspicious..." — Bombers' Notebook (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Heh, heh...Much obliged. From here on out the milk business will be ours!" — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I'm trying to take care of the ranch, but things have been getting unstable lately...the cows always seem bothered and frazzled, and I'm finding broken bottles everywhere... Who's doing it, I don't know..." — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Someone was up to some no-good mischief and blocked the road to Romani Ranch." — Carpenter (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Oh my! Did you come from town? ...Then that means... Milk Road is open to traffic! Good! I can deliver milk to town now!" — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "You got no business here if you got no horse. Now beat it! Scram! I told you this is a horse training center! It means nuthin' if you got no horse! Got it?" — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "This is just between you and me, but if you need a horse, there are a bunch next door at Romani Ranch. Some young girl's running it. I bet she wouldn't notice if ya stole yourself one!" — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Won'tcha buy some fresh milk? This is just between you and me... That milk they produce down yonder at Romani Ranch is watered down a bit. It's not worth drinkin'. We don't do that kinda thing here. Ours is the real deal. It's always fresh and full of vitamins. It's true! I'll sell it cheap just for you. How about it?" — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Is that pathetic thing your horse? I would've guessed that little thing was a mule fer sure, ain't that right, little brother?" — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "This guy's funny! Why don't you give us 10 Rupees for the chance to race against us?" — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "We gotta give him something. Well, he's a kid, so what could he do with it? It should be fine... In exchange, you can't tell anyone where you got this!" — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I'm going by wagon into town. Would you like a ride? I'll be leaving about 6 o'clock this evening, so you can join me if you'd like." — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "First Milk Road is blocked by a boulder and now... We have to take this detour through ugly country..." — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Are you ready, boy? I'm going to try to get us through here as fast as I can! If any pursuers come from behind, chase them off with your arrows. They may be after my cargo of milk bottles." — Cremia (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "We're the only place you'll be able to get milk from!" — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Grrrr... We're the notorious Gorman Brothers! We can't get all sappy over stuff like this!" — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "So, he's gone into the world of entertainment... That younger brother of mine is really struggling..." — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I'm sorry, but take that mask off. I can't get anything done when you gaze at me with that mask on." — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Anyway, I'm just the despised second son!" — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Bah! Bother! Bother! I'm busy!" — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I can't handle horses like my older brother! I can't take care of horses like my younger brother!" — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I left the ranch, came to know the world of show business... Traveled around... But for what? For nothing!" — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I entered show business because I heard this song at the Carnival of Time long ago... By doing performances, I thought maybe I'd get to meet the singers of that song..." — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Seems some monstrous Garos appeared at Romani Ranch yesterday. And I heard the wagon carrying their milk was attacked. I tell you, that's a dangerous place... Seems like we're the only ones who have any milk left. Hyuh, hyuh." — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Garo's Mask / This mask can summon the hidden Garo ninjas." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ゴーマン兄弟 (Gōman Kyōdai)||Gorman Brothers|