Ghost (Link's Awakening)
- Not to be confused with Ghini or Poes, common ghost enemies in the Zelda series. For other uses, see Ghost (disambiguation)
|Era||Era of Light and Dark|
Biography As he cannot enter any dungeons while the Ghost follows him, Link must help it in order to enter the Catfish's Maw. Once Link brings it to the House by the Bay north of Toronbo Shores, the Ghost examines it before saying it is essentially unchanged from what it was when he was alive.
The Ghost then asks Link to bring it to its grave, which is the one located in the Koholint Prairie near the Cemetary. Once there, the Ghost thanks Link and tells him to look inside one of the jars in his house to find a reward, which is actually a Secret Seashell. The seashell does not appear until after Link has fulfilled the Ghost's requests.
In the Link's Awakening manga, the Ghost is named Nakura. Nakura is a former soldier. He saves Link's life by possessing him during his fight against Karuna and gives him a more powerful sword after Link takes him to his house.
- If Link sprinkles Magic Powder on the Ghost's grave this upsets him, and he will tell Link to stop or suffer the effects of a curse. Despite this, he will not put a curse of any kind on Link.
- The Poes in Oracle of Seasons are very similar in appearance to the Ghost, and even share the same sound effect when appearing.
- The Ghost appears to be the same type of ghost as Spookter and Spekter in The Minish Cap.
The Ghost in his house
- "Take the Ghost where it wants to go, then trade Mr. Write's Broom for Grandma Ulrira's Fish Hook." (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America Inc.), pg. 57)
- "...the house... ...take me... ...the house... ...at the bay..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening)
- "...N-N-No!... ...N-not there!" — Ghost (Link's Awakening)
- "...Here!... ...enter... ...my house..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening)
- "...Nostalgia... ...unchanged... ...boo hoo..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening)
- "...Enough... ...cemetary... ...take me... ...my grave..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening)
- "...my grave... ...take me... ...my grave..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening)
- "...Thank you... ...a jar... ...in my home... ...look inside.. ...bye...bye..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening)
- "Cough Cough... Don't sprinkle that on me... ...I'll have to curse you! Cough Cough..." — Ghost (Link's Awakening)
|Names in Other Regions|