From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Weakness(es)||Iron Boots, Hero's Bow|
Twilit Igniter: Fyrus is the boss of the Goron Mines, the second dungeon of Twilight Princess. The monster is the form that Darbus, the patriarch of the Gorons, assumed after being transformed by the power of the Fused Shadow. Due to his ferocity and inability to control himself from the mutation, as well as causing destruction in the mines, the Goron Elders locked him away deep inside the Goron Mines to prevent him from causing further damage. As with most bosses in the Zelda series, Link must first make Fyrus vulnerable and then attack his critical point repeatedly to defeat him. To do this, he needs the Hero's Bow and the Iron Boots.
When Link enters Fyrus' chamber, the young hero finds that he is chained to pillars within the room. When Fyrus detects Link, the gem on his forehead lights up and he ignites, ripping the chains from the pillars that bind him.
The first step for Link is to attack the glowing jewel on his head with an arrow to momentarily stun him. He must then equip the Iron Boots and grab the end of one of the chains attached to his legs and pull. This causes Fyrus to fall over. Afterward, the jewel on his forehead (his Weak Point) becomes vulnerable and Link can attack with his sword. When Fyrus finally recovers, he proceeds to emit a wave of fire that can damage Link, who must be sure to get as far away from him as possible after attacking.
An alternate way to defeat him is to shoot him in the forehead-gem and then wait until he calms down, then shoot him again, and repeat. Eventually he falls down and he can be instantly killed with the finishing blow. This strategy takes longer and uses more arrows.
Once Fyrus is defeated, the Twilight matter from his altered form fuses into one piece, creating the second Fused Shadow. Link is able to look upon a confused Darbus as the Goron returns to his normal self, completely unaware of what has just happened. Link is also awarded with a Heart Container for his efforts.
- Fyrus was the first boss ever revealed for Twilight Princess; he was present in the first trailer for the game.
- The strange, boar-like helm on Fyrus's head resembles that of Ganon's face.
- Fyrus is the only boss in Twilight Princess to have only one phase in his battle. All of the other bosses have two or more.
- Fyrus and Blizzeta are the only bosses in Twilight Princess that are not completely destroyed after defeat. This may be because they were originally friendly beings, whereas most of the other bosses were originally enemies.
- Fyrus' name is a portmanteau of Fire and Darbus, the name of Fyrus' original form.
- Despite his very respectable size (being approximately three times as tall as Link), Fyrus is still smaller than any of the other dungeon bosses in Twilight Princess, with the exception of the main antagonists.
- ↑ "We have a treasure that was entrusted to us by the spirits, and we must protect it. Do you understand? But the moment Darbus reached out and touched the treasure...everything went wrong. He collapsed...and before our very eyes transformed into an unspeakable monster!" — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "He began to rage through the mines, trailing ruin behind him...and the eruptions grew more frequent and more severe. We used all of our strength to seal him deep inside the mountain..." — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Uhhgh... Urrgh... ...Hmm? What am I doing here? Unngh... My head, it aches... Urrrgh... So much pain... I cannot remember anything..." — Darbus (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||覚醒火炎獣 マグドフレイモス||Awoken Flame Beast: Magdoflamoth|
|Spanish||Pyrus, Demonio Ígneo de las Sombras||Pyrus, Igneous Demon of the Shadows|
|French||Magmaudit, Créature pyrogène du Crépuscule||Magmaudit, Pyrogen Creature of Twilight|
|German||Flammende Bestie: Flammatron||Flaming Beast: Flammatron|
|Italian||Pyrus, il vulcano del crepuscolo||Pyrus, the Vulcan of Twilight|