Flute Boy's Bird
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Flute Boy's Bird|
|Game(s)||A Link to the Past|
|Family||Flute Boy (former owner)|
When Link plays the Flute nearby the Weathercock in the center of Kakariko Village, the Flute Boy's bird appears from inside the statue. If Link plays the flute again, the duck appears and swoops him to transport Link to any of 8 different locations in the Light World:
- Death Mountain
- In front of the Witch's Hut
- Kakariko Village
- Link's House
- South of the Eastern Palace
- Desert of Mystery
- Great Swamp
- Lake Hylia
The use of the pet bird and the flute greatly cuts walking time between the regions of Hyrule.
- The use of Zeffa and the Ocarina of Wind in The Minish Cap similar to the use of the Flute Boy's Bird and the Flute.
- Link can avoid being warped by the duck if he runs out of the way of the bird's swoop after he calls for him using flute.
- Even though the Flute Boy's bird cannot normally be summoned in the Dark World, Link summons it to take him to the Pyramid of Power upon the defeat of Agahnim.