|Fierce Deity Link|
|Non-canon Appearances||Majora's Mask manga|
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
|Voice Actor(s)||Nobuyuki Hiyama|
Fierce Deity Link is characterized by white hair, facial markings, a light blue Tunic underneath a metal cuirass, metallic gauntlet, black leggings, white eyes without pupils, and very large height and width (standing two heads taller than a normal adult Hylian and only slightly shorter than Odolwa's 2.4 m).
In this form, he is unable to use any items that cannot be contained within Bottles. Because the Fierce Deity wields a large, double-handed, helix-edged Sword, he cannot use a Shield, although this disadvantage is compensated for by the Sword's great physical power, range, and ability to release deadly Sword Beams that magically burn targets with each targeted swing.
Fierce Deity Speculation
Main Article: Fierce Deity Link Glitches.
- The Fierce Deity's discs of light fired from the tip of his Sword when a foe is targeted are similar to the Sword Beam, an ability absent from Ocarina of Time.
- Link's Fierce Deity form is popularly referred to as "Oni Link" within the The Legend of Zelda community.
- Fierce Deity Link is taller than most other characters in Majora's Mask; however, because the Mask can only be used in boss rooms, it is difficult to accurately estimate the Fierce Deity's comparative size. One method to comparing sizes is to create placeholder statues via the "Elegy of Emptiness" during boss fights: the statues are perfect imitations of Link (and his transformations) in size and stature. Oddly, although the Fierce Deity is able to enter buildings through comparatively small doors, his tall stature usually prevents him from exiting through them, making it easy to get stuck inside.
- Unlike Zora Link, but like Deku and Goron Link, Fierce Deity Link does not blink, most likely because of the action mostly being focused on rather than his facial expressions.
The term "fierce deity" (鬼神) is used to refer to several deities in the Shingon Buddhist pantheon, such as Bishamonten or the Myō-ō, who are fierce and wrathful toward the negative forces that work against humanity's enlightenment, but are benevolent and supportive of humanity. They are seen as deities that work to defeat evil, a quality which the Fierce Deity's Mask gives Link greater ability to achieve.
- Deku Butler's Son - Deku Mask - Deku Link
- Darmani - Goron Mask - Goron Link
- Mikau - Zora Mask - Zora Link
|Names in Other Regions|
|Fierce Deity||Fierce Deity Link|
|English||Fierce Deity||Fierce Deity Link|
|Japanese||鬼神 (Kishin)||鬼神リンク (Kishin Rinku)|
|Spanish||Fiera Deidad||Link con la Máscara de la Fiera Deidad|
|French||Puissance Fées||Puissance Fées|
|French||Folle Dieu||Folle Link|
|German||Grimmige Gottheit||Link als grimmige Gottheit|