|Title(s)||Oracle of Seasons|
|First appearance||Oracle of Seasons|
|Latest appearance||The Minish Cap|
The human Din is best known as the Oracle of Seasons. Due to their identical names, and similar personalities and symbolism, it has been theorized that she is an incarnation of the goddess Din herself.
Oracle of Seasons
Din appears in Oracle of Seasons, where she is a talented and famous dancer in the land of Holodrum. As the Oracle of Seasons, Din is responsible for regulating the seasons of Holodrum. Although she has the power to change the seasons at any time or place, she refrains from doing so, allowing them to flow naturally. She travels with a Troupe of Performers throughout the land as a means of evading General Onox, who intends to imprison her in order to throw the natural order into chaos. Din is also aware of the location of a mystical tool known as the Rod of Seasons, which allows Link to change the seasons at will.
Din's personality is an energetic one, and she loves to have people dance with her. At the start of Oracle of Seasons, Din has Link dance with her. She is also known to be a caring individual who helps others. After Onox's downfall, Din will quite often suggest that she and Link dance together again. She also does so on Oracle of Ages, in a Linked Game, after Ganon has been defeated.
The Minish Cap
Din also appears in The Minish Cap where she is said to be a famous dancer from Holodrum. She is one of the three ladies in the Happy Hearth Inn (along with Nayru and Farore) who are looking for a place to live. In exchange for help finding a house, she will be able to give Link a charm. Din's charm makes Link's attacks stronger and turns his tunic red for the short duration of the effect.
|Din (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
||She's looking for a house in Hyrule to move into. She's a famous dancer from the land of Holodrum.|
- At first glance, Din resembles a Gerudo woman because of her red hair and reddish-brown skin, but she lacks the longer nose, yellow eyes and round ears common to the race.
Din and Link returning to Horon Village during the end
Impa giving Link a hearty smack on the back as Din watches
Link and Din looking at the Triforce mark on Link's hand
Link, Din, Nayru, Princess Zelda, Impa, and the Maku Tree rejoicing at the end of a linked Oracle of Seasons
Din dances for a crowd during the linked ending
Bonus artwork of Din from the Oracle of Seasons Book
- "Din is a popular dancer. Just seeing her dance raises one's spirits!" — Female Troupe Member (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Hya, ha, ha! I've found you, Din, Oracle of Seasons! You hid yourself well but you cannot escape Onox, General of Darkness!" — General Onox (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Come! Won't you dance with me?" — Din (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Don't be shy! Dancing will be fun!" — Din (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Din has been caring for you since she found you. She's strong-willed but very kindhearted." — Male Troupe Member (Oracle of Seasons)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Din, Oráculo de las Estaciones|
|German||Din, Orakel der Jahreszeiten|