Artwork of Din's Fire
|Game(s)||Ocarina of Time|
|Other Media||Super Smash Bros. Melee|
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
|Comparable Abilities||Farore's Wind|
Location and Uses
In Ocarina of Time, Din's Fire is obtained from the Great Fairy of Magic near Hyrule Castle. When used, Link summons a dome of Fire around his body that expands outward, affecting anything in its range. When used near Torches, it lights them. Din's Fire drains 6 Magic Points with each use.
Din's Fire is the only Spell necessary to complete the game. It is required to simultaneously light the Torches at the entrance to the Shadow Temple, opening the way into the Temple. Inside the Temple, Din's Fire must be used to incinerate a spiked, wooden wall trap that threatens to crush Link. The Boss Key of the Shadow Temple becomes available upon destroying it.
- Though Din's Fire doesn't appear in The Wind Waker, its name is inscribed on the base of Din's statue in Hylian on Northern Triangle Island.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ディンの炎 (Din no Honō)||Same as English.|
|European Spanish||Fuego de Din||Same as English.|
|European French||Feu de Din||Same as English.|
|Italian||Fuoco di Din||Same as English.|
- "Welcome Link! I am the Great Fairy of Magic! I will give you a magic spell. Please take it." — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "You can use Din's Fire not only to attack but also to burn things!" — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "Din's Fire, her explosive side special, can be guided up and down and has a greater blast if the button is held." — Trophy (Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U)
- "Makes the Special Attack gauge fill slightly faster." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)