Deku Butler's Son
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Deku Butler's Son|
|Family||Deku Butler (father)|
The Deku Butler's Son is a character who appears (postmortem) in Majora's Mask. His soul resides within the Deku Mask, while his body became a twisted tree within the passage between Hyrule and Termina. His original body is replicated whenever Link plays the Elegy of Emptiness while wearing the Deku Mask.
After leading Link to the Mask of Scents, the Deku Butler apologizes to Link for traveling so fast, stating that Link reminds him of his son, whom he used to race with through the labyrinth. Later, after Majora is defeated, a scene is shown where the Deku Butler goes to mourn at his son's remains.
After reaching the Clock Tower for the first time, it is not possible to return to see the Deku Butler's Son ever again, due the closing of the interdimensional seal between Hyrule and Termina.
- In the Majora's Mask manga, the Deku Princess is said to have been in love with the Deku Butler's Son.
- The Flute Boy from A Link to the Past also takes the shape of a small gnarled tree when he passes away.
- ↑ "The masks, which hold the spirits of the dead, cause the wearer to transform into a shape resembling the departed. Link uses the masks to undergo transformations, gaining powers not native to his human form. Link's transformation into a Deku Scrub is caused by the spirit of a member of the Deku tribe that died in the forest connecting Hyrule and Termina." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 112)
- ↑ "Come over to this tree and check it out! It's strange, but the way you look right now sort of looks like this tree... It looks all dark and gloomy... almost like it could start crying any second now... How sad..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Actually, when I see you, I am reminded of my son who left home long ago... Somehow, I feel as if I am once again racing with my son..." — Deku Butler (Majora's Mask)