|Game(s)||The Adventure of Link|
|Non-canon Appearances||Captain N: The Game Master|
The Legend of Zelda comic
Link: The Faces of Evil
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
Dairas are humanoid alligator soldiers. They are expert axe-throwers, and their axes are able to slice through most Shields, making them more dangerous than those enemies who wield conventional swords or spears.
In The Adventure of Link, Dairas are very commonly encountered in the tunnels and caves riddling Death Mountain, and even on bridges in the surrounding area. The orange variety will simply charge at Link to attack him, to which he should attempt to attack his feet where possible, or simply keep striking to keep the gator warrior at a distance. The red varieties actually hurl their axes at Link with an endless supply, making them deadly at long range as well as close range. Sometimes defeating these foes is too much for Link even with the Shield Spell, so simply running away is not a bad idea.
- Dairas are the only humanoid enemies in Zelda II that do not have a blue variant, although some artwork depicts a green variety that went unused in the final game.
- On the official The Legend of Zelda website, this type of enemy has its name spelled Daria.
- "An alligator soldier that attacks with an ax. Link's shield can't fend off the ax." (Adventure of Link manual, pg. 28)
- "Darias are disgusting hybrids of Hylians and alligators. They are expert axe-throwers, and their axes are so sharp that they are able to slice through most Hyrulean Shields." — Zelda Universe: The Great Hyrule Encyclopedia, Zelda.com, retrieved September 29, 2014.
- "Capture girl! Triforce be ours!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics), pg. 3 [Missing in Action])
- "Silence! I am the king! You have committed treason against me! There can be but ONE penalty! Executioner! Stand forth!" (The Legend of Zelda (Valiant Comics), pg. )
|Names in Other Regions|