From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|First appearance||Twilight Princess|
|Latest appearance||Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|Family|| Rusl (father)|
Colin is a character in Twilight Princess.
Colin is a timid young boy who lives in Ordon Village. He is the son of Rusl and Uli. He looks up to both Link and Ilia. Colin is often taunted and teased by Malo and Talo, two other children of Ordon Village. He becomes gradually braver and more confident as the game progresses. It is Colin who made Link's Fishing Rod.
Colin is kidnapped along with Ilia when Ordona Province comes under attack by King Bulbin and the Bulblins. Link later finds him in the care of Renado in Kakariko Village along with the other youths. Shortly after Link gets Epona back, the village is attacked by King Bulbin. Colin proves his bravery by pushing Beth out of the way of the rampaging monster but is captured himself in the process. Link rescues Colin, who appears to be sorely wounded. Colin recovers under the competing care of Beth and Luda. Because of his bravery, Colin earns the respect of the other children of Ordon Village. In the ending credits, he is depicted with a sword and shield, as a symbol of his hard-earned courage.
- Colin bears a facial and physical resemblance to Link, even to the point of wearing similar clothes to Link's Ordon Village garb. It is also heavily implied that Colin is inspired by, and wants to be as brave as, Link.
- Colin was the name of the winning contestant in Nintendo Power's Fishing Challenge for Ocarina of Time. Colin won with catching a 35 lb Hyrule Loach.
- In his house a drawing shows his family, along with a pointed-eared figure. This is most likely Link, as he looks up to the young hero.
- ↑ "When my son Colin grows up, I want him to be just like you. He really is a sweet boy... He can just be a little...timid." — Uli (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "My son Colin is making a fishing rod so the two of you can play together." — Rusl (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "But when I grow up, I'm gonna be just like you, Link!" — Colin (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Whenever I thought I couldn't go on, I would think of you and Ilia and hold on, Link..." — Colin (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "Link. Thanks...Those guys are always teasing me..." — Colin (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "I understand what my dad meant when he told me I needed to be stronger, like you, Link... He wasn't talking about strength, like lifting stuff. He was talking about being brave..." — Colin (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "I can't believe Colin... I mean, that was a really brave thing for him to do, huh?" — Talo (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|