From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
The Cobble Knights are an order of knights from the Cobble Kingdom who protected King Mutoh. By the time of Phantom Hourglass, all of them are dead, but Link is still able to speak with their ghosts. They are instrumental in obtaining the third Pure Metal, Aquanine.
Brant, the fourth-ranked Cobble Knight, is found in his tomb on the Isle of the Dead. Once he sees that Link has the spirits of Power, Wisdom, and Courage with him, he allows him to take the Regal Necklace which allows him to dispel the hurricane surrounding the Isle of Ruins.
Bremeur is the third-ranked Cobble Knight, and is found in his tomb on the Isle of Ruins. He is the defender of the seal of the land. He tells Link that King Mutoh once had the pure metal, but a monster invaded his temple, awakened the king from his sleep, and stole it, enraging the king. He then creates a bridge for Link to the eastern side of the island, and his temple is used to lower the water level with the King's Key.
Doylan is the second-ranked Cobble Knight and the protector of the King's Key that keeps the land sealed. He is located in his temple on the eastern part of the Isle of Ruins, right next to Mutoh's Temple. When Link meets him, he gives him the King's Key and tells him to use it in Bremeur's temple to lower the water level and restore the land.
Max is the first-ranked Cobble Knight and guardian of Mutoh's Temple. When he first meets Link, he is surprised that a human was able to break the seal on the island, and tells Link that he needs to draw the sacred crest on the corridor door, and hints that the answer can be found by reading the riddle written on a tablet in the corridor. When Link does this, he is allowed to meet King Mutoh himself.
- Their names are very similar to those of the Carpenters from The Minish Cap (Bremor, Brent, Doyle, and Mack), though with a different spelling.
- ↑ "I am one of four knights chosen by the king. I am the fourth knight, Brant. Those spirits you have with you, they are Power, Wisdom, and Courage, yes? Why are the three spirits of the Ocean King with you? King Mutoh, the holder of the Aquanine, is not here. He is on the island that is guarded by a rock wall, the Isle of Ruins. You'll need that Regal Necklace to get there. That will calm the cyclone at the entrance, so that your boat may pass." — Brant (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "I am the third knight, Bremeur. I defend the seal of the land. So you seek the pure metal to forge the sacred sword and slay a great monster...Our King Mutoh did have the pure metal you seek. But a monster entered his temple, awakening him from his sleep. He is enraged. Can you enter his temple and slay the monster? Can you calm the king's great rage? Well then, show us how you can defeat the monster and soothe the angry king. Once the king has calmed down, I believe he will be willing to hear your story. To enter the great temple of King Mutoh, the sealed land must be resurrected. Meet the second knight, Doylan, who sleeps in the temple to the island's east. That temple is treacherous, but if you can overcome it, he will acknowledge you. I will open another path for you. Let it lead you." — Bremeur (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "I am the protector of the key that keeps the land sealed! I am impressed you were able to clear the traps and monsters in this temple! I will not stop one who is trying to return the king to sleep. Take this King's Key. Take that key and return to the third knight, Bremeur. Release the seal and restore our kingdom to its rightful shape." — Doylan (Phantom Hourglass)
- ↑ "I am the first knight, Max. So a human can break this island's seal...To enter the king's temple, you must draw the secret crest on the corridor door. Discover the crest, and the great corridor door will open for you. You must solve the riddle written on the tablet in the corridor. I will open the entrance to the corridor. Now, be on your way...Ah. So you solved the riddle and opened the corridor door. Go forth and slay the monster that broke the king's rest. Meet the king." — Max (Phantom Hourglass)
|Names in Other Regions|