Troupe Leader's Mask
|Troupe Leader's Mask|
Troupe Leader's Mask from
Majora's Mask 3D
|Other media||Hyrule Warriors|
|Use(s)||Calms angry people|
The Troupe Leader's Mask, also known as the Circus Leader's Mask in the original version, is an item in Majora's Mask.
Location and Uses
The Troupe Leader's Mask is given to Link by Gorman inside the Milk Bar. Once Link enters by using Romani's Mask, he meets Toto, manager of the Zora band The Indigo-Go's. If Link aids him by playing the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" using the musical instruments of each of his four forms, Gorman will be moved by the tune. He then gives Link the mask to show his gratification.
When worn, the mask cries and has a calming effect on people related to Gorman. When Link wears it in the presence of the Gorman Brothers, the mask affects them emotionally, sapping all desire to be rude out of them. During the segment in which Link must defend Cremia's Milk shipment to get Romani's Mask, wearing the Troupe Leader's Mask prevents the bandits from attacking. However, Romani's Mask is required to get the Troupe Leader's Mask in the first place.
In Majora's Mask 3D, from 6 am to 12 pm on the Second Day, if Link wears the Troupe Leader's Mask and talks to Gorman while he is sleeping in the Stock Pot Inn's bunk room, Gorman requests Link bring him Mystery Milk from his brothers at their ranch on Milk Road; however, he will not request any milk if Link cheered him up by playing the "Ballad of the Wind Fish" in the Milk Bar the night before. After receiving the request from Gorman, if Link talks to the Gorman Brothers from 12 pm to 6 pm while wearing the Troupe Leader's Mask, they will give him the Mystery Milk. After 2 minutes (actual time), the Mystery Milk spoils and turns into Moldy Milk. If Link successfully delivers it to Gorman from 12 pm to 6 pm, Gorman will let Link keep the empty Bottle. After 6 pm, he will not acknowledge that Link has the milk. While Link has the Mystery Milk or Moldy Milk, Tatl won't let him soar with the "Song of Soaring" or transform into a Goron. If Link plays the "Song of Time" while he has the bottle of Mystery Milk or Moldy Milk, the item will be lost.
- In Majora's Mask, this is one of the few masks that can be obtained more than once, along with the Couple's Mask. In Majora's Mask 3D, Gorman instead gives Link a Fishing Hole Pass if he plays the Ballad of the Wind Fish after obtaining the Troupe Leader's Mask.
- The Troupe Leader's Mask is one of the only four dynamic masks in the game (along with the Great Fairy Mask, the Blast Mask, and the Bunny Hood).
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||座長のお面 (Zachou no Omen)||Chairman's Mask|
|European Spanish||Careta del Jefe del Circo||Circus Boss' Mask|
|Máscara del jefe de la compañía (MM3D)||Troupe leader's mask|
|French||Masque du Directeur de Cirque||Mask of the Circus Director|
|Canadian French||Masque du chef de la troupe (MM3D)|
|German||Maske des Zirkusdirektors||Mask of the Circus Director|
|Italian||Maschera del capo compagnia (MM3D)||Troupe Leader's Mask|
- "We were scheduled to do a show, but it got canceled. This place has a reputation for being a great live venue, so it's a shame. I'd like to do a sound check, though. I just want to see what it would have been like... Hey, you! Could you help me with a performance?" — Toto (Majora's Mask)
- "That melody...It brings back so many memories! [...] I entered show business because I heard this song at the Carnival of Time long ago... By doing performances, I thought maybe I'd get to meet the singers of that song..." — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- "I'm sorry I booed you... Please, take my mask." — Gorman (Majora's Mask)
- "Grrrr... We're the notorious Gorman Brothers! We can't get all sappy over stuff like this! I'm sorry, but take that mask off. I can't get anything done when you gaze at me with that mask on." — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- "...It's no use. When you look at me with that thing on...I can't talk to you like that..." — Gorman Brothers (Majora's Mask)
- "Hey, sonny... Bring me some sweet nectar, will ya? You know the stuff... that special milk my bros make that instantly heals an upset stomach..." — Gorman (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Mystery Milk has turned into Moldy Milk..." — N/A (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Yuck! Something seriously stinks! It must be that Mystery Milk you're carrying! Has it already gone bad? Gross. Hate to say it, but nobody in their right mind would accept that stuff anymore." — Tatl (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Bring it once it's past noon. Got it?" — Gorman (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Now be a champ and toss this old bottle for me. Or don't. For all I care you can keep it to store bugs and junk in. Whatever suits you." — Gorman (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Hey, hold on a minute! You're not planning on flying with that Mystery Milk, are you? If you fly while carrying that, you'll spill it all over the place and make a huge mess! Nobody wants that! I think you should walk instead. Carefully!" — Tatl (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Hey, hold on a minute! You're not planning on rolling with that Mystery Milk, are you? If you roll while carrying that, you'll spill it all over the place and make a huge mess! Nobody wants that! I think you should walk instead. Carefully!" — Tatl (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "... That's it. I am absolutely sick of us having to carry that milk around! Use that one song of yours to rewind time and make it as though we never had it to begin with! Please, I beg you!" — Tatl (Majora's Mask 3D)
|Masks in Majora's Mask|