|Era||Era of Twilight|
Chudley is the founder and proprietor of "Chudley’s Fine Goods and Fancy Trinkets Emporium," a high-class store in Hyrule Castle Town that charges incredibly large amounts of Rupees for items (2000 Rupees for a bundle of 10 arrows, 3000 Rupees for Red Potions, etc.).
Chudley is very snobbish, and won't even let anyone into his store unless they've had their shoes shined by a small boy working out in front of it. Even so, he'll still look down on Link unless he is wealthy enough to buy any of his wares (which is impossible, as the maximum amount of Rupees he can carry in the game is 1000). However, if enough money is donated to Malo at Malo Mart in Kakariko Village, he buys out Chudley and converts his shop into the Castle Town branch of Malo Mart, drastically reducing the prices of his wares.
Chudley remains in charge of the shop after this, but he changes his name to Malver and becomes completely opposite of what he was before: he now wears extravagant colorful clothing similarly to Fyer and Falbi, constantly dances a strange and almost hypnotic dance, acts very cheery, and is completely devoted to satisfying his customers. For example, if the young hero buys some arrows, but doesn't have nearly enough room in his quiver to buy them, Malver will tell him that he'd be wasting Rupees, and ask hesitantly if he is sure he would like to buy them.
- Chudley is one of the few characters in the entire series who ever speaks in actual words. After buying the Magic Armor, he clearly says "Thank you".
- Chudley's attitude change is similar to that of Bomb-Master Cannon's from The Wind Waker: they're both rude and snooty when they charge high prices for their items, but become nice and friendly once they reduce their prices.
- Both Chudley's change and appearance are similar to Ingo from Ocarina of Time.
- "Well, having a customer in the store with shoes as filthy as yours can make our other clients uncomfortable. We hope that you will come back once you have found some more-polished footwear." — Chudley (Twilight Princess)
- "The hero of discounts, Malo Mart, will be a legend in Castle Town!" — Malver (Twilight Princess)
- "Things change quite drastically at the Chudley's Emporium after Malo takes ownership and opens his Malo Mart Castle Branch. Prices plummet, folks are more cheery, and the formerly-pretentious shopkeep, Chudley, changes his entire image; he even changes his name! Now going by the handle of Malver, Malo Mart Castle Branch's #1 salesperson just lives to see his customers smile." (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Premium Edition strategy guide (Prima Games), pg. 15)
- "You can't hold them all. You'll be wasting money...but do you still want them?" — Malver (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||セレブ店員 (Serebu Tenin)||Celebrity Clerk|