From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Game(s) Present||Majora's Mask|
|MM Properties||Allows wearer to communicate with Stalchildren and to go unnoticed by ReDeads|
The Captain's Hat is a skull-like hat obtained in Majora's Mask.
Obtaining the mask is simple. Link must awaken Skull Keeta from where he rests near the Ikana Graveyard using the Sonata of Awakening, and then defeat him. He will submit to Link's power, and tell him of the defeat he suffered while serving as the commander of the Ikana Army. After making his final request, he shows the young hero a Treasure Chest containing the Captain's Hat and takes his leave. Link must then use the Hookshot or climb and jump from the ledge of the nearby wall to claim the mask.
The hat is designed to look like Captain Keeta, and as such, displays itself as a symbol of authority. Anyone who wears it is immediately mistaken for Captain Keeta, and this will cause Stalchildren to not attack Link, and will in fact allow him to communicate with them and command them to do his bidding. Exactly what happens is dependent on the current day.
- It's possible to reach the treasure chest before getting the Hookshot. If Link climbs onto the handrails on the sides of the bridge and positions himself correctly, he can leap the gap.
- If Link wears the mask right before he battles King Igos du Ikana, he will think that Link is Captain Keeta. The game will go into a short cutscene before returning to the battle.
- This is one of the few non-transformation masks that is required to finish the game. It is required to enter the grave where Link learns the Song of Storms.
- ↑ "Wait! It is my loss! Sheathe your weapon..." — Captain Keeta (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "I commanded the Ikana Army of Ikana Kingdom atop the hill. I am called Skull Keeta. Since being shamed by loss in a battle within my kingdom... I have waited here for one to come and awaken my soul." — Captain Keeta (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Young swordsman who has awakened and deftly defeated me... I shall rely on your power to fulfill my request. I ask you to take my soul, which rests in the fiercely burning flame... And convey my words to my men, who, even in death, remain loyal to me. Tell them the war has ended... Then I shall be able to drift quietly into sleep... Captain, sir! May I take leave, sir?" — Captain Keeta (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Ah! Captain, sir! It's been a long time since we've seen you!" — Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Trick the king into thinking he's seeing a child-sized version of [Captain Keeta] by wearing the Captain's Hat during your bone-rattling battle with the skeletal Stalfos knights and Igos himself. When the king sees you up close, he'll give you a shocked and silly reaction." (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Power), pg. 134)
- ↑ "Ohhh! Keeta! Is it not Captain Keeta?!? ...............But you're so... ...T-Tiny!!! I was nearly fooled by what you have done..." — Igos du Ikana (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||隊長のボウシ (Taichou no Boushi)|
|Spanish||Casco del Capitán|
|French||Heaume du Capitaine|
|German||Helm des Hauptmanns|
|Masks in Majora's Mask|