|Game(s)|| Ocarina of Time|
|Other media|| Ocarina of Time Manga|
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
|Cost(s)|| Borrowed from the Happy Mask Shop as part of the mask trading sequence (OoT)|
Reward from Grog in the Cucco Shack in Romani Ranch.
|Use(s)|| Prevents Stalchildren from appearing in Hyrule Field at night (OoT)|
Grants the wearer more dexterity (MM)
Appearances, Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the mask is borrowed from the Happy Mask Shop as part of the mask trading sequence, and subsequently can be sold to the Running Man that jogs in the same route around Lon Lon Ranch. The Running Man will see Link wearing the Bunny Hood and become interested in it. Link can then sell him the mask for an amount of Rupees that will fill up his wallet. It also prevents Stalchildren from appearing in Hyrule Field at night.
In Majora's Mask the Bunny Hood is arguably the most useful optional mask in the game. The mask is given to Link by Grog in the Cucco Shack in Romani Ranch. The first, and most useful, function of the mask is that it allows the wearer to run extremely fast, jump farther and essentially allows Link to move across Termina on foot and still preserve time on the clock. A second minor function is to let an on-screen timer be displayed during the Postman's "count to 10 seconds" game, to aid Link in stopping right at 10 seconds.
To find the mask, Link must obtain the Bremen Mask. Once Link has the item, he has to go to the Cucco Shack. Grog will talk about how he wishes he could see the Cucco chicks he watches over grow to be adults, but since the moon will be falling in three days he no longer has the ability. If Link equips the Bremen Mask and begins marching around the Shack, the chicks will begin following him as he walks in their proximity. If Link stops his march, all of the chicks will disband. Once Link has all 10 chicks following him, they will all turn into adults. Grog will be amazed, and thank Link by giving him the Bunny Hood.
The Happy Mask Salesman remarks that the Bunny Hood is filled with "kindness towards animals" (see template).
The Wind Waker
- The Bunny Hood bears a slight resemblance to the Pols Voice enemy, and when Link sells the mask to the Running Man he says upon seeing the mask: "I bet with those long ears you can hear the voices..." suggesting a connection between the two.
- On the second row of the Mask Subscreen, the Keaton Mask (Fox), the Bremen Mask (Falco), the Bunny Hood (Peppy), Don Gero's Mask (Slippy), and the Mask of Scents (Pigma) are said to represent Starfox characters, implying that Nintendo created the appearance of these masks (save for the Keaton Mask and Bunny Hood, both of which appeared in Ocarina of Time) with the sole purpose of hiding an easter egg in the game itself.
- "I bet with those long ears you can hear the voices... Oh, these are genuine rabbit ears from the animal of legend! I don't care how expensive it is! Please sell it to me!" — Running Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "It's a 50-Rupee mask, but he paid you a crazy amount of money for it--more money than you can count!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "I don't really get it, but just seein' these guys with a crest and all... I don't have regrets about anythin' anymore. I'm perfectly satisfied. Here...You can have this from me..." — Grog (Majora's Mask)
- "I heard it from my gramps. Says the moon's gonna fall... With somethin' that big, it's sure to take this ranch down with it... Hahhh...Oh, well. My only regret is that I won't get to see these guys in their prime as roosters." — Grog (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ウサギずきん (Usagi Zukin)||Rabbit Hood|
|Spanish||Capucha de Conejo||Bunny Hood|
|French||Masque du Lapin||Rabbit Mask|
|Oreilles de Lapin||Rabbit Ears|
|Chinese||兔子头箍 (Tùzi Tóugū)||Bunny Hood|
|Ocarina of Time Mask Trading Sequence|
| Keaton Mask > Skull Mask > Spooky Mask > Bunny Hood|
Gerudo Mask - Goron Mask - Zora Mask - Mask of Truth
|Masks in Majora's Mask|