From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
Bucha is the Kikwi Elder. He is extremely large, towering over his fellow Kikwis and Link. He resides in Faron Woods and he asks Link to help him find some of his missing Kikwi when they first meet. He notes that they all went into hiding after a large number of monsters started to appear throughout the woods. He asks Link to come back to him after finding all of the missing Kikwi, at which point he might remember something about Zelda. After finding all of the Kikwi, Link returns to Bucha, who is extrememly grateful for Link's assistance and rewards him with a Slingshot, saying the item will help him get around the woods without a hassle. He also tells him he saw a young girl that looked just like Link heading towards the Deep Woods.
After going through the Skyview Temple, Link can find Bucha and all of the other Kikwis hiding in a well-supplied valley, guarded from the monsters inhabiting the woods. Later in the game, Bucha comments on Link's Water Dragon's Scale, saying it will give him access to a large number of abilities he hasn't possessed before. While Faron Woods is submerged underwater, Bucha can be found on a large Lily Pad where he gives Link helpful hints on how to find all of the Tadtones hidden around the flooded forest. Bucha also suggests Link uses his dowsing ability to find the hidden Tadtones.
It is possible Bucha's name is based off the Japanese word, 部長 (Buchou), which generally translates to "Chief" or "Director".
Concept art of Bucha from Hyrule Historia
- ↑ "Kweeeee-heee... I am Bucha, the Kikwi Elder. I saw the way you spotted me through my ingenious camoflage. Kweee, you are clearly a master woodsman." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Ah, the girl creature with the blond hair. She looked like one of your kind. Yes, she was with me, kweeee. But now is not the time for such talk... The woods are full of monsters. I am worried about my missing tribe. Kweeee... The shock and worry has made my memories of the girl quite hazy..." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "What? You say you've met some of my people, kweee? Kweee... So Machi is safe, eh? Ahhh, but the monsters! They are still lurking in the forest. I don't dare leave this spot. Three Kikwis are still unaccounted for. Could I ask you to search for them and make sure they are safe, kweee? I am worried sick for my fellow Kikwis. If you could calm my fears, I might be able to remember more about the girl you seek went of to, kwee." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ "Kwee! So all my fellow Kikwis are well. And they want me to stop worrying? Aha, excellent! They know me too well. You have a real talent for finding whatever is missing, kwee. I don't know who you are or where you come from, but you have my thanks." — Bucha (Skyward Sword)
- ↑ 部長 or buchou in Japanese, Denshi Jisho — Online Japanese dictionary
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ギョクロー (Gyokurō)||From Japanese tea 玉露(Gyokuro)|