Bridge of Eldin
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Bridge of Eldin|
The Bridge of Eldin as seen in Twilight Princess
|Game(s)|| Twilight Princess|
Link's Crossbow Training
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Item(s)|| Golden Phasmid (male)|
Piece of Heart
|Related place(s)|| Eldin Province|
In Twilight Princess, the Bridge of Eldin is a bridge found north of Kakariko Village. It crosses a deep gorge where Zora's River runs through, essentially connecting the Eldin Province to a path leading to the Lanayru Province. It also serves as the main access road to the Hidden Village.
After King Bulblin suddenly kidnaps Colin from Kakariko Village, he makes his way to the Bridge of Eldin, with Link in pursuit. Here, the two engage in horseback combat in which Link comes out victorious and ends up rescuing Colin from the Bulblin's grasp. Once the young hero clears the Goron Mines and goes past this bridge in way to the next province, a significant portion of the bridge is removed by Zant's Shadow Beasts, thus blocking the path. Defeating the beasts causes for a Twilight Portal to be created, but it cannot be used due to the bridge's removal.
Link eventually finds what appears to be the removed section of the Bridge of Eldin in the western part of the Gerudo Desert, right on the Gerudo Mesa. With the aid of Midna, the young hero warps back to the area where the bridge of Eldin was removed. However, if Link did not defeat the Shadow Beasts that appeared after the bridge was removed, the portal will not appear and thus they will be unable to warp the missing section of the bridge. Once the portal is created, Midna will place the section back where it belongs, allowing Link to cross the bridge again.
Once Link receives the Ancient Sky Book from Shad, he will have to return to the Bridge of Eldin in order to receive a Sky Character from the Owl Statue situated in the northern section of the bridge. Moreover, by transporting the statue to the other side of the bridge and situating it exactly below a certain ledge will allow Link to jump over and obtain a Piece of Heart.
A male Golden Phasmid can also be found in the northern portion of the Bridge of Eldin.
Link's Crossbow Training
|Ambiguously Canon Content||hide|
Link engages King Bulblin in the Bridge of Eldin
The section of the bridge as it is found in the Desert Province
- When Link first takes a boat ride from Zora's River to Lake Hylia, the Bridge of Eldin can be seen above at one point (if it has not yet been repaired, then one can tell that it is the Bridge of Eldin because its piece is still missing). This would explain how King Bulblin survived his fall off the bridge.
- During the Horseback portion of the battle against Ganondorf, the bridge will appear destroyed regardless of whether or not it was repaired.
- In some versions of Twilight Princess, there is a glitch which prevents Link from advancing to the Lanayru Province. If the player saves and quits after the bridge has been destroyed, but before entering the Twilight, Link will reload on the south side of the bridge, and cannot go any further, thus making the game unbeatable. Thus, the player must not save until they have entered the Twilight.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "I would try to find the path beyond the Bridge of Eldin that leads to Lanayru Province." — Gor Coron (Twilight Princess)
- ↑ "What is this thing? It does seem to be man-made. I wonder what it is? Why is it there? It doesn't look like it's been there long, does it?" — Midna (Twilight Princess)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Spanish||Gran Puente de Eldin|
|Hyrule in Twilight Princess|
|Click on a location|