Bottle artwork from A Link to the Past
|Game(s)|| A Link to the Past|
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker
The Minish Cap
A Link Between Worlds
|Other media|| Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland|
|Use(s)||Holds various items|
Bottles are a recurring item in The Legend of Zelda series games.
Bottles are used to store various items inside for later usage. They are commonly used to store Potions, Fairies, water, Milk, and Chu Jelly. In some other games, Bottles are also used to store Poe Spirits, Fish, Bugs, and Great Fairy's Tears, and other various things. Some Bottles are obtained as rewards for completing certain sidequests or winning certain mini-games, while others can be found through exploration. In a few games, Bottles are required to progress through the story, usually to carry something inside them to take to somewhere else. In most games, Link is only able to collect four Bottles. However, in Majora's Mask, he is able to obtain six, and in both Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds, he can obtain five.
A Link to the Past
- The Street Merchant in Kakariko Village will sell Link a Bottle for 100 Rupees.
- A Bottle can be found in the Kakariko bar by entering through the back door.
- There is a man underneath the stone bridge near Lake Hylia who will give Link a Bottle.
- In a blue chest in the blacksmiths' home in the Dark World after Link obtains the Tempered Sword. Link must take the chest to the "Average Middle-Aged Man" near the entrance to the Desert of Mystery, who will open the chest for Link if he promises not to tell anyone about his past as a thief.
Ocarina of Time
There are four Bottles in Ocarina of Time.
- Link can obtain a Bottle from the Cucco Lady in Kakariko Village by bringing all of her Cuccos back to their pen.
- There is a Bottle hidden underwater in Lake Hylia near the shortcut to Zora's Domain. This Bottle contains Ruto's Letter.
- Talon will reward Link with a bottle if he can manage to win the Super Cucco Game in Lon Lon Ranch.
- As an adult, Link can earn a Bottle by finding and defeating the ten Big Poes which hide throughout Hyrule Field and bringing their souls to the Poe Collector.
There are six Bottles in Majora's Mask.
- Once Link discovers Koume in the Woods of Mystery, he can return to Kotake to receive a Bottle filled with Red Potion. On the First Day, Kotake will be in her potion shop. Once dusk breaks, however, she will leave for the Lost Woods to search for her sister.
- If Link wins the Goron Race during the spring, he will receive a Bottle filled with Gold Dust as a prize.
- Link can win a Bottle in the Beaver Falls Race by beating both of the brothers.
- Madame Aroma will give Link a Bottle filled with Chateau Romani if he personally delivers Kafei's Priority Mail to her in the Milk Bar on the Final Day.
- If Link helps Romani defend the cows from the Ghosts, she will reward him with a Bottle of milk.
- In the Ikana Graveyard, Link can receive a Bottle on the Final Day if he orders the Stalchildren to open the grave they are guarding and assists Dampé in his treasure hunt. Dampé will eventually dig up three blue flames which will merge into a Big Poe. Upon defeating the Poe, a treasure chest containing the Bottle will appear.
Majora's Mask 3D
- Dampé's Bottle is switched with the Piece of Heart Link can obtain from Koume by completing the Swamp Tour after beating the Woodfall Temple.
- During the Second Day, Link wearing the Troupe Leader's Mask can talk to Gorman while he is sleeping at the Stock Pot Inn. Gorman requests Link to bring Mystery Milk from his brothers at the Gorman Track in the afternoon. While still wearing the mask, Link can obtain the Milk from the Gorman Brothers at any time after 12 PM. However, the Milk spoils after 2 real time minutes. If Link successfully delivers the Milk to Gorman, he will let him keep the Bottle. Link cannot roll as Goron Link or play the "Song of Soaring" while delivering the Milk, as doing so will spill it.
The Wind Waker
There are four Bottles in The Wind Waker.
- After Link helps Medli reach Dragon Roost Cavern, she will give him an empty Bottle.
- If Link catches Mila trying to steal from Zunari's safe at night, she will give him a Bottle.
- There is a Submarine off the coast of Bomb Island with an empty Bottle in a chest hidden inside. Old Man Ho Ho can be found on the coast of the island, and he will remark that there is a "container" inside.
- After acquiring Beedle's Chart, Link can purchase a Bottle from Beedle's Masked Ship for 500 Rupees.
The Minish Cap
There are four Bottles in The Minish Cap.
- In Trilby Highlands, Link can find a Business Scrub who will sell him a Bottle for 20 Rupees.
- In a chest in the Eastern Hills just south of Eenie and Meenie's garden. The chest appears after Link fuses Kinstones with Smith.
- In shop in Castle Town. Link needs to shrink down to Minish size and get to it from above. But Stockwell, the shopkeeper, will let Link have it if Link does a little errand for him. The Bottle has Dog Food in it, and the shopkeeper wants it fed to his dog, Fifi. After Link goes to the shopkeeper's house near Lake Hylia and feeds the dog, he can keep the Bottle.
- Hidden in a cave near Lon Lon Ranch. It is the reward for doing the Goron Sidequest. The cave is sealed with a series of walls. Link has to fuse Kinstones with a certain farmer to get a Goron to open the cave. Each wall inside the cave has to be destroyed by a number of Gorons. To call more Gorons, Link has to fuse Kinestones with several Mysterious Walls hidden in caves throughout Hyrule. The prize at the end of the cave is the Bottle.
There are four Bottles in Twilight Princess.
- Given to Link by Sera as a reward for returning her cat. The bottle is already half-full of milk.
- Bought from Coro in the Faron Woods. He offers to sell it to Link (full of Lantern Oil) after he gives Link the key to the gate to the Forest Temple. This occurs after Link restores the light to Faron Woods.
- Found in Hena's Fishing Hole. Link must fish in the small pond near the bridge on the west to eventually find it.
- Given to Link by Jovani for returning 20 Poe Souls to him. It is full of Great Fairy's Tears when Link receives it.
There are five Bottles in Skyward Sword.
- Obtained by talking to Luv in the Potion Shop in the Skyloft Bazaar after Zelda falls to The Surface.
- Found in the Sealed Grounds in a chest near the old woman. It contains a Revitalizing Potion.
- Obtained through completing the Missing Sister sidequest. Link must save Parrow's sister by healing her Loftwing on an island between Skyloft and Fun Fun Island.
- Obtained in the Fire Sanctuary, in the Magmanos room after obtaining the Mogma Mitts.
- Found in a Goddess Cube chest in Thunderhead.
A Link Between Worlds
There are five Bottles in A Link Between Worlds.
- Purchased from the Street Merchant in Kakariko Village for 100 Rupees.
- Acquired from the Bird Lover, who can be found under a bridge to the east of Link's House in Hyrule.
- Found underwater in the river east of Hyrule Castle with the use of the Zora's Flippers, initially containing a note from the Bouldering Guy stranded on Death Mountain. The note must be taken to the Milk Bar Owner, who will fill the Bottle with Premium Milk, which is to be delivered to the stranded man. The Bottle can be kept from here on.
- Found in a treasure chest inside the Vacant House of Lorule. It requires the Bombs to reach.
- Found in Lorule by using the Big Bomb Flower to destroy the boulder in the northwest of the Bomb Shop. The Bomb uncovers the Fountain of the Great Rupee Fairy. She will offer a Bottle after she is given 3000 Rupees total.
|Ambiguously Canon Content||hide|
- The empty Bottle is notable for being an item that is bizarrely usable in certain boss battles involving the Dead Man's Volley combat mechanic, including Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time, Phantom Ganon in The Wind Waker, and Puppet Zelda in Twilight Princess.
- "This is a Magic Bottle! You can store an item inside and then use it later!" — N/A (A Link to the Past)
- "You, sir! Have you been going through life without one of my hold-anything bottles? Well step right up and make your life complete! I've got one on sale now for the low, low price of 100 Rupees! What do you say? Interested?" — Street Merchant (A Link to the Past)
- "Yo! Link! You seem to be in a heap of trouble, but this is all I can give you." — Camper (A Link to the Past)
- "All right, bring that chest over here... Seriously, keep this a secret from everyone." — Average guy (A Link to the Past)
- "Thank you for finding my Cuccos. I have allergies, so I get goose bumps when I touch them. For helping me, I will give this to you. It's fine glass, and should be useful." — Cucco Lady (Ocarina of Time)
- "You got an Empty Bottle! Put something inside and press (C) to use it... What? Something's already inside!?" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm proud to present to you a sample of our very own Lon Lon Milk. You'll be energized the moment you drink it! After you drink it, you can bring back the bottle and buy a refill, anytime you want!" — Talon (Ocarina of Time)
- "You're thinking about what I promised would happen when you earned 1,000 points. Heh heh. Don't worry, I didn't forget. Just take this." — Poe Collector (Ocarina of Time)
- "Oh!! Well, if that's true, then take this potion to her..." — Kotake (Majora's Mask)
- "That was great! I knew you were the fastest Goron, Darmi! I was sure you'd get first place! This is from daddy... It's the prize." — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)
- "To us, empty bottles are a treasure. I can't give you one just because you beat my little brother. [...] I'll give you one after you race once more against me." — Older beaver brother (Majora's Mask)
- "This!!! It's from Kafei! Correct? Correct? Wonderful! You really are an expert! Yes, yes, I'm sorry. My thanks. Yes, yes, it is your job, after all. I'm sorry. At this point in time, I can give you only something like this. Actually I wanted to give this to you sooner... Really!" — Madame Arome (Majora's Mask)
- "Thank you! Thanks to you, the cows are giving thanks, too! Here's Romani's thanks. When you drink it, put your hand on your hip and take a big gulp like we do here at the ranch!" — Romani (Majora's Mask)
- "I came looking for the Royal Family's legendary treasure, but my torch has gone out. I'm sorry, but could you walk in front of me and light the way?" — Dampé (Majora's Mask)
- "This is all I have to give you. I know it's not much, but please take it! Oh, and please don't tell anyone that I'm climbing Dragon Roost!" — Medli (The Wind Waker)
- "Please take this. Don't look at me like that! I didn't steal it! It washed up on the shore, so I picked it up. Don't tease me like that! It's a tiny bottle made of crystal-clear glass... It's so beautiful." — Mila (The Wind Waker)
- "Ho ho! To think that over there... There would be such a container..." — Old Man Ho Ho (The Wind Waker)
- "This Empty Bottle is a mere 500 Rupees! Buy it! Buy it! Buy buy buy!" — Beedle (The Wind Waker)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||あきビン (Aki Bin)||Empty Bottle|
|Spanish||Botella vacía||Empty Bottle|
| Botella vacia (SS)
| Empty Bottle|