Blind the Thief
|Game(s)||A Link to the Past|
Palace of the Four Sword
Cane of Somaria
Blind is the boss of Thieves' Town in A Link to the Past who despises light. He can change his appearance, as seen when he takes the form of the fourth Maiden that he guards. However, after he is led under a patch of light by Link, his true form is revealed.
His true form consists of what appears to be a demon covered in flame-red scales, wearing a tattered white robe. To defeat Blind, Link has to slash at him repeatedly with the sword, or use the Cane of Somaria to place a block for the head to fly into, until his body collapses. His head continues to fly around the room, spitting fireballs at Link. Eventually, the body reconstructs and grows a new head. Each time Blind's body is reconstructed, the flying head will remain. This in turn makes the battle grow a bit more difficult for the hero, as he will have to strive to dodge these heads. After Blind's body collapses for the third and final time, the true maiden is freed and Link receives a Heart Container.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Aveugle le Bandit||Blind the Bandit|
|Italian||Cieco il Ladrone||Blind the Big Thief|
- "Link... It's me, Zelda... Don't be deceived by the magic of Blind the Thief! Be careful!" — Princess Zelda (A Link to the Past)
- "Ohh, thank you so much! You saved my life! Please take me outside." — Blind (A Link to the Past)
- "Gyaaah! Too bright!" — Blind (A Link to the Past)
- "Uhhnn... Link... I didn't want you involved in this... I told you not to leave home. You must rescue Princess Zelda... You are... the princess's... ... ... ..." — Blind the Thief II (A Link to the Past & Four Swords)
- "Yo Link! This house used to be a hideout for a gang of thieves! What was their leader's name... Oh yeah, his name was Blind and he hated bright light a lot." — Man in Blind's Hideout (A Link to the Past)