Bipin and Blossom's son
From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Bipin and Blossom's son|
Bipin and Blossom's son as a baby.
|Game(s)|| Oracle of Ages|
Oracle of Seasons
|Family|| Bipin (father)|
The son of Bipin and Blossom is a character appearing in Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. This character has no canonical name, as he is named by Link. He is a minor character, and is not necessary to the game's completion.
Link first encounters him as a newborn, but will grow to be an adult during the course of the game. The growth of the child is affected by the amount of Gasha Seeds Link plants. If he plants few, then little growth will occur, whereas if he plants many, the maximum growth will occur. However, Link must visit the house frequently to ensure this, as Blossom will frequently have a problem with which Link must help. Until he helps, the child's growth will be frozen. No matter how many Gasha Seeds are planted in a normal game, the child will never grow beyond the age of a teenager.
Once Link defeats Veran (or Onox), the family decides to moves to another land (from Labrynna to Holodrum or vice-versa). In a Linked Game, Link can meet up with the family once again. It is in this Linked Game that Bipin and Blossom's son becomes an adult.
While their son is a baby, Blossom will want to bring him to a doctor. Since they do not have enough Rupees, they will ask Link for a loan. Link can choose to give either 1, 10, 50, or 150 Rupees. The amount Link gives will affect the child's growth later on. Shortly after, Blossom will have trouble getting her son to sleep. She asks Link if she should play with her child or sing to her child to get him to sleep. Link's answer here will also change the outcome of the baby's growth.
Depending on the choices Link made, the baby will become one of the following:
- Hyperactive Child - Bipin and Blossom's son will be constantly running around the house. He will ask Link whether or not he has a girlfriend. Bipin and Blossom's son becomes hyperactive if Link told Blossom to play with him as a baby, regardless of the Rupees he lent to the family. It is more likely that Bipin and Blossom's son becomes hyperactive than any other possibility.
- Curious Child - If Link told Blossom to sing to her son, and Link gave her 1 to 10 Rupees for the doctor, the baby will grow to be a child with rosy cheeks who bounces between the two beds in their home. He will ask Link the well known phrase "Which was first, the chicken or the egg?"
- Shy Child - If Blossom sang to her son as a child, and Link gave the family 50 or 150 Rupees, Bipin and Blossom's son will become very shy of strangers, perhaps due to overprotection. If Link tries to approach him, he will run away. If Link can manage to talk to him, he will ask whether or not Link is strong. If Link says yes, the child will say that he will be too, so he can protect his parents.
Whatever type of child Link becomes, Blossom will ask Link questions about his own childhood, to which he can answer either "yes" or "no". First, she will ask Link if he was an energetic child. If he says no, she will follow up by asking if he was a quiet child. If he still says no, she will ask him if he was a "weird" child.
The answers Link gives to both Blossom's questions and those of her son's will affect the child's path to adulthood.
Once the family travels to Holodrum or Labrynna in a Linked Game, Bipin and Blossom's son will eventually grow to be an adult. Depending on the choices made during his childhood, the Bipin and Blossom's son may grow up to be a warrior, a musician, a Gasha farmer (like his father), or a "slacker". No matter the outcome, he will aid Link in one way or another.
Arborist He will give Link one Gasha Seed. Afterwards, he will give Link various bits of knowledge on Mystical Seeds, much like what his father does for Gasha Seeds.
It is less likely for Bipin and Blossom's son to become a farmer than any other possibility, since only four specific paths lead to this career.
As a Warrior, Bipin and Blossom's son wears the same hat as his father, but will carry a sword and shield. He will ask Link what will make him mightier. If Link says "no" to the first question, he will follow up with a second. Saying "no" to the second brings up a third, and so on. Depending on what Link answers, Bipin and Blossom's son will give Link a particular gift:
- Daily Training - Later on, he will give Link 100 Rupees.
- Natural Talent - Later on, he will give Link a one-time heal of one heart.
- A Caring Heart - Later on, he will give Link a one-time complete health restore (like a Great Fairy).
- None of the above - Later on, he will give Link one single Rupee.
It is impossible for Bipin and Blossom's son to become a warrior if Blossom did not play with him as a baby, as only a Hyperactive Child can become a warrior.
If Blossom sings to her son as a child, he may grow to be a musician. While writing his song, he will ask Link which is more important: love or courage. The love song is Zelda's theme and the courage song is the melody after saving the oracles.  Either way, listening to the song afterwards restores all Link's health. He can listen to the song as many times as he likes.
It is only possible for Bipin and Blossom's son to become a musician if Blossom sings to him as a baby.
If Link gives the child everything he needs and does so in excess, the child will become lazy and dependent and will idle his time away, exasperating his mother. He plans on saving his money to "go out into the world", and asks Link to make a contribution. After exploring the world and "building character", Bipin and Blossom's son comes home later on in the game. As thanks for his donation, he will in turn give Link a gift. Its value depends on the donation Link made earlier on:
- 1 Rupee - He will give Link nothing.
- 10 Rupees - He will give Link a Gasha Seed.
- 50 Rupees - He will give Link 200 Rupees.
- 100 Rupees - He will refill Link's Seed Satchel (one time only)
The career Bipin and Blossom's son chooses as an adult depends on all the choices Link has made during his childhood. The following is a group of tables showing all the possible paths and the careers they lead to.
In the multi-ending adventure books for Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages, Link names the child "Bipsom", a portmanteau of his parents' names. This is the closest the child comes to having an official name. However, the books are technically not considered Zelda canon, and it is impossible to call him "Bipsom" in-game because his name can only be five characters long.
- ↑ "[Insert Name Here] looks a little strange. I want to take him to a doctor, but we have no Rupees... Could you please lend us some?" — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "My baby never sleeps. Link, how can I get him to sleep?" — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "[Insert Name Here] is so hyperactive!" — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Do you have a girlfriend?" — Bipin and Blossom's son (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Link is such a curious child." — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Which was first, the chicken or the egg?" — Bipin and Blossom's son (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Link is very shy." — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Are you strong?" — Bipin and Blossom's son (Oracle series)
- ↑ "I'll be strong, too, so I can protect my mom and dad!" — Bipin and Blossom's son (Oracle series)
- ↑ "What kind of child were you, Link? An energetic one?" — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Quiet, perhaps?" — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Were you weird?" — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Link! Do you remember naming our son? He's a master arborist, too!" — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Some day I will travel the lands and save the world's peoples, like my hero, Link! So can you give me some advice? What will make me mightier?" — Bipin and Blossom's son (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Link! Do you remember naming our son? He's a famed musician now!" — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "My song is almost finished! Say, which is more important, love or courage?" — Bipin and Blossom's son (Oracle series)
- ↑ "He's grown up, but he idles his time away. What am I to do?" — Blossom (Oracle series)
- ↑ "I'm gonna save my money and go out into the world! So can you make a contribution?" — Bipin and Blossom's son (Oracle series)
- ↑ "Link, what's up? I've been out in the world building character!" — Bipin and Blossom's son (Oracle series)