Biggoron from Majora's Mask
|Game(s)|| Ocarina of Time|
Oracle of Seasons
The Minish Cap
|Era|| Force Era|
Era of the Hero of Time
Era of Light and Dark
Era of the Great Sea
|Family|| Medigoron (brother) (OoT)|
Gongoron (son) (PH)
Biggoron is a recurring character in the The Legend of Zelda series.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Biggoron is a gigantic Goron living on Death Mountain next to the Great Fairy Fountain. He is a skilled blade maker, and creator of the Biggoron's Sword. To obtain it, Link must first complete a trading sequence. During the trading sequence, Link brings Biggoron the Broken Goron Sword to fix, but finds that Biggoron is unable to because of his irritated eyes. He sends Link to get some Eye Drops, and gives him a Prescription. Eventually Link brings back the Eye Drops which clears Biggoron's eyes. He then gives Link the Claim Check for the Biggoron's Sword and has him wait a few days. Biggoron has a little brother, Medigoron, who is also into the sword-making business, although the quality of the blades he produces are inferior.
In Majora's Mask, Biggoron appears as the guard of the Snowhead Temple. He came to Snowhead to investigate why spring had not yet come to Snowhead, but at some point had inexplicably turned invisible and caused a blizzard that prevented entry to the temple. To enter the temple, Goron Link must play the Goron Lullaby, putting Biggoron to sleep, thereby clearing the entrance. After defeating Goht and bringing spring to Snowhead, Biggoron can be found sitting in the gorge unaware of why he was there and what he had been doing. The reason why he became invisible and created the blizzard is unknown, but it is possible that he was under Skull Kid's influence.
Oracle of Seasons
In Oracle of Seasons, Biggoron appears atop the peak of Goron Mountain. When the Temple of Seasons sank, the climate on the mountain became colder, causing Biggoron to catch a cold. Biggoron's ailment can be cured with the Lava Soup as part of the trading sequence. In return, he gives Link the Goron Vase.
In a Linked Game of Oracle of Ages, a lone Goron on Rolling Ridge will provide Link with the Biggoron Secret. Telling the secret to Biggoron in Oracle of Seasons allows him to forge the Biggoron's Sword.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, Biggoron appears atop the peak of Veil Falls. Link can visit Biggoron who offers to nibble on his Shield and transform it into the Mirror Shield. Biggoron is first available once Kinstones have been fused in the Goron Cave, after recovering King Daltus back from his statue state.
|Biggoron (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
||This is a legendary Goron with a body bigger than a mountain. It is so big, in fact, that no one has ever seen it all at once.|
In Phantom Hourglass, Biggoron is the name of the chief of Goron Island. Unlike past appearances, Biggoron is closer to the size of an average Goron, although he is still the biggest Goron on the island. He is the father of Gongoron, and gives Link permission to enter the Goron Temple after having tested him in a quiz.
- In Ocarina of Time, wearing the Goron Mask while speaking to King Zora reveals that Biggoron and King Zora are friends, and have known each other since childhood.
- "Hylian carpenterrrrrs praise me forrrrrr my skillssssss. I'm not lyinnnnng..." — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "My Brotherrrr... Opened a new storrrre... It's Medigoron's Blade Storrrrrrrre... Howeverrrrr... I am betterrrrrr at making bladessssss..." — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "Darmani! What in the world have I been doing this whole time? I can't remember a thing since I went out to look around Snowhead to figure out why spring wasn't coming... What am I doing sitting in a place like this???" — Biggoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Why am I sitting in a place like this?" — Biggoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Then the blizzard at Snowhead blew me into the valley. ...And now...Here I am..." — Darmani's ghost (Majora's Mask)
- "Goron Mountain has always had winter year-round, but ever since the Temple of Seasons sank, it's gotten even colder. You can catch cold just going outside." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Biggoron is up above, but he has a cold, so be quiet." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "I want to forge a great sword like those the Gorons of old are known for. But I'll never be able to forge it properly without Biggoron's secret." — Biggoron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "That's it! The Goron's Great Sword is reforged! I'll call it Biggoron's Sword! You made this possible, so you get the first one!" — Biggoron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "A masterfully crafted long sword forged by the best blacksmith in Hyrule, Biggoron, who lives on Death Mountain." — Weapon description (Soulcalibur II)
- "A sword created by the finest Goron smithy who ever lived. It slices deep but requires immense strength to wield. Press the Strong Attack button to quickly dash into enemies." — Weapon description (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Talk about a nostalgia trip! That reminds me of my childhood friend, Biggoron!" — King Zora (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Grogoron||From "gros" (big) and Goron.|