|First appearance||Ocarina of Time|
|Latest appearance||Phantom Hourglass|
|Era|| Force Era|
Era of the Hero of Time
Era of Light and Dark
Era of the Great Sea
|Family|| Medigoron (brother)|
Appearances and Biography
Ocarina of Time
Biggoron is a gigantic Goron. Not much is known about his whereabouts during Link's childhood in Hyrule, but after the 7 year time-skip, he apparently has moved in and lives on top of Death Mountain in Ocarina of Time, and is a skilled blade maker. In fact, he made the most powerful weapon in the entire game: the Biggoron's Sword. However, Link must go through a lengthy trading sequence in order to obtain this deadly blade. Biggoron has a little brother, Medigoron, who is also into the sword-making business, although the quality of the blades he produces is inferior to the work of his older brother.
Biggoron makes a cameo appearance in Majora's Mask. He is the guard of the Snowhead Temple, but somehow he has become invisible and is blowing gusts of wind to prevent anyone from entering and none of the other Gorons know where he went or what happened to him. However, he is vulnerable to the soothing Goron Lullaby, and upon hearing it, he drifts off to sleep and falls into the gorge below. After defeating Goht and bringing spring to Snowhead, Biggoron can be found standing in the gorge and complaining, apparently unaware of why he was there and what he had been doing.  The reason he was creating the blizzard is unknown, as he said he just went to the temple to find out why the village was frozen, and woke up in the gorge with no memory of what happened after, but it is possible that he was under Skull Kid's influence.
Oracle of Seasons
Biggoron makes an appearance in Oracle of Seasons, perched atop the peak of Goron Mountain. When the Temple of Seasons sank, the climate on the mountain became colder, causing Biggoron to catch cold. Similarly to Ocarina of Time, Biggoron's ailment can be cured with an item from the trading sequence, Lava Soup. In return, he gives Link the Goron Vase, the sixth item of the sequence.
In a Linked Game of Oracle of Ages, a lone Goron on Rolling Ridge will provide Link with the Biggoron Secret. Telling the secret to Biggoron allows him to forge the great sword once made by the Gorons of old. He names it Biggoron's Sword and gives Link the first one.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, Biggoron can nibble on Link's shield and make it a Mirror Shield. This can only be done after defeating Vaati making it impossible to gain the Mirror Shield before the final combat.
|Biggoron (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
||This is a legendary Goron with a body bigger than a mountain. It is so big, in fact, that no one has ever seen it all at once.|
In Phantom Hourglass, Biggoron is the name of the chief of Goron Island. Unlike past appearances, Biggoron is closer to the size of an average Goron instead of being a giant, although he's still the biggest Goron around. He is the father of Gongoron, and he is also the one that gives Link permission to enter Goron Temple after having tested him in a quiz (see ).
- Wearing the Goron Mask while speaking to King Zora reveals that Biggoron and King Zora are best friends, and have known each other since childhood.
- The name "Biggoron" is a portmanteau of the words "big" and "Goron", referring to his large size.
Biggoron's home in Phantom Hourglass
- "Hylian carpenterrrrrs praise me forrrrrr my skillssssss. I'm not lyinnnnng..." — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "That broken knife is surely my worrrrrrrrrrk..." — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "That sworrrrd is my finest worrrrk!" — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "My Brotherrrr... Opened a new storrrre... It's Medigoron's Blade Storrrrrrrre... Howeverrrrr... I am betterrrrrr at making bladessssss..." — Biggoron (Ocarina of Time)
- "This way to Snowhead Temple. Please contact the Goron Elder if you have any information on the whereabouts of the temple guard." — A sign (Majora's Mask)
- "Why am I sitting in a place like this?" — Biggoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Darmani! What in the world have I been doing this whole time? I can't remember a thing since I went out to look around Snowhead to figure out why spring wasn't coming... What am I doing sitting in a place like this???" — Biggoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Then the blizzard at Snowhead blew me into the valley. ...And now...Here I am..." — Darmani's ghost (Majora's Mask)
- "Goron Mountain has always had winter year-round, but ever since the Temple of Seasons sank, it's gotten even colder. You can catch cold just going outside." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Biggoron is up above, but he has a cold, so be quiet." — Goron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "I want to forge a great sword like those the Gorons of old are known for. But I'll never be able to forge it properly without Biggoron's secret." — Biggoron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "That's it! The Goron's Great Sword is reforged! I'll call it Biggoron's Sword! You made this possible, so you get the first one!" — Biggoron (Oracle of Seasons)
- "A masterfully crafted long sword forged by the best blacksmith in Hyrule, Biggoron, who lives on Death Mountain." — Weapon description (Soulcalibur II)
- "Talk about a nostalgia trip! That reminds me of my childhood friend, Biggoron!" — King Zora (Ocarina of Time)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Grogoron||From "gros" (big) and Goron.|