From Zelda Wiki, the Zelda encyclopedia
|Title(s)|| Gerudo in charge of the Fortress|
Leader of the Great Bay Pirates
|First appearance||Ocarina of Time|
|Latest appearance||Majora's Mask|
Ocarina of TimeOcarina of Time, her identical Hyrulean counterpart, who remains unnamed throughout the game, does. While Nabooru is away in the Spirit Temple, she leaves this Gerudo in charge of the Gerudo's Fortress. After Link frees all the carpenters, Nabooru's second-in-command appears to compliment him on accomplishing such a task and reward him with the Gerudo Token, which allows Link to walk about freely in the Gerudo Fortress and access the Haunted Wasteland.
In Majora's Mask, Aveil is the leader of the Gerudo Pirates. She has a room deep inside the Pirates' Fortress that is filled with all kinds of treasures and luxuries that the pirates have stolen, including a Zora Egg and the Hookshot.
After infiltrating the Pirates' Fortress, Link overheard Aveil speaking about the Zora Eggs which they had stolen from Lulu; where they are and why they stole them in the first place. Apparently, the Skull Kid had told them that the eggs were key elements in obtaining a treasure that should be lying in Great Bay Temple. Aveil wants the eggs for the treasure, but also fears the harm done to their reputation if people would find out that they couldn't hold on to their loot. Eventually, Link shot a beehive hanging on the ceiling of her room, which caused the bees to come out and chase away Aveil and the other pirates. She is not seen anymore after that.
- In Ocarina of Time, the clothing and lipstick of the Gerudo in charge of the Fortress changes to match the color of Link's tunic; a feature which was removed from the GameCube and 3DS versions to remove a minor glitch involving gauntlets and bombs. Her clothes are now red regardless of Link's outfit.
- As with a couple of other names in Majora's Mask, the name similarity between a Terminan and Hyrulean went lost in romanization. In direct romaji, the name Abēru clearly is supposed to remind of Nabōru.
Aveil ordering her Pirate underlings to search for the eggs
- ↑ "Yes, b-but Aveil... The sea is strangely murky where we were attacked by the sea snakes..." — Gerudo (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "The exalted Nabooru, our leader, put me in charge of this fortress. Nabooru is the second-in-command to the great Ganondorf, King of the Gerudo Thieves. Her headquarters are in the Spirit Temple, which is at the end of the desert." — Gerudo in charge of the Gerudo's Fortress (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "I've seen your fine work. To get past the guards here, you must have good thieving skills. I used to think that all men, besides the great Ganondorf, were useless...but now that I've seen you, I don't think so anymore!" — Gerudo in charge of the Gerudo's Fortress (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "Say, you must want to become one of us, eh? All right, then! You're in from now on! Take this. With it, you will have free access to all areas of the fortress!" — Nabooru's second-in-command (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "See, it was long ago when I used to use this thing called a Hookshot to catch fish off the coast... But I was attacked by these pirates, and they took it away with them. They say... it's a legendary treasure.. And I just happened to swipe it from the bottom of the sea, so I hold no grudge against 'em." — Fisherman (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Silence! That's why the Zoras can't send for any help! Now that the eggs are gone, the Zoras should be frantically searching for them. If we don't hurry, the Zoras will get to them before we do! There are four eggs here now. Hurry! Go find the other three eggs before those sea snakes eat them!" — Aveil (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "Wait!!! The Zora eggs are the only clue we have about that dragon cloud floating over the bay... If what that strange, masked one says is true... And if we can get our hands on the treasure that lies sleeping in the temple in that dragon cloud... Then we can spend the rest of our lives living the good life! So get a move on and go find them! Now!!!" — Aveil (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ "What are you trying to pull here?!? If people hear the great pirates have lost the treasure they stole, we'll become the laughing stock!" — Aveil (Majora's Mask)
- ↑ OoT: Gerudo color changing glitches
|Names in Other Regions|